Editing Stonecutter Menu

eeyorenailbag

So I want to use the Stonecutter menu as a basis for my custom crafting block, and so far I've made the new class, made the bock and linked them so when you right click the block it opens the menu, which functions exactly like the Stonecutter. However, I'd like to make a few alterations that I hope to be able to get some insight on. I wanna remove the input slot, instead just checking the inventory for all required materials, and have all possible recipes be displayed, and only the recipes with all the correct materials can be made, similar to the recipe book minus the crafting table. Sorta like the system in Skyrim, where for example you'd need 10 leather strips, 4 iron bars, and 2 sticks to make an axe.

I'm not a fan of the following advice but the best option would be to copy the full StonecutterMenu,
replacing the MenuType with a custom one and override #stillValid to replace the vanilla logic to make sure you can open the Menu on your Block.
The you can modify the Menu.

The reason why i told you to copy the Menu instead of extending it is:
1. You need to use a hacky way to replace the vanilla MenuType
2. If you remove Slots from the Inventory and add them back you change the Slot order whichj cause problems with the logic and #quickMoveStack.

Edited by Luis_ST

21 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

the best option would be to copy the full StonecutterMenu,
replacing the MenuType with a custom one and override #stillValid to replace the vanilla logic to make sure you can open the Menu on your Block.
The you can modify the Menu.

The reason why i told you to copy the Menu instead of extending it is:
1. You need to use a hacky way to replace the vanilla MenuType
2. If you remove Slots from the Inventory and add them back you change the Slot order whichj cause problems with the logic and #quickMoveStack.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by copy versus extend. As it stands currently I believe I've done what you said, as the code has already been copied over, it functions exactly the same as a Stone cutter, using stonecutter recipes, but it just has a different menu name, essentially a duplicate stonecutter, rather than extending the stonecutter.

I'm just unsure on 1) Checking the inventory for materials similar to recipe book as I can't seem to find it's base code. and 2) creating it's own recipe type in which each item can require multiple materials.

48 minutes ago, eeyorenailbag said:

Checking the inventory for materials similar to recipe book as I can't seem to find it's base code

The most stuff of this is done client side in the Screen.

48 minutes ago, eeyorenailbag said:

creating it's own recipe type in which each item can require multiple materials.

It basically a custom Recipe you can check out the vanilla Recipes like the Smithing Recipe.