Why Cant i get a Forge Jar For my server instead of a .bat or .sh

BryanThePotato

No, you should use the vanilla launcher. 3rd party launchers are a bad idea. And most 'clients' are hacks {dont try to argue this} which we don't support.

As for their 'host a minecraft server for free' crap.. You're just hosting the server yourself. Just run it yourself dont add a 3rd party into it or no reason.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Its not where you host your own minecraft server...

You host the server on your machine.

The launcher doesnt do anything special for you, nothing you couldn't do yourself with 5 mins of effort.

Anyways, our installers work, they use the now standard systems in java that java has been pushing for years. So our only answer will be to use the normal processes and not some 3rd party wrapper.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

To an extent, its still not worth it. And god knows what that proxy server is actually doing with all the data you're sending it.
And again this isn't anything you couldn't do on your own. Yes it would require you to have two server running. The real one and a proxy, but why would you want to.
Anyways, TLDR We dont support 3rd party launcher no matter how you try and justify it.

8 hours ago, BryanThePotato said:

TLDR Means?

Edit. Straight from google:

TLDR is an acronym that stands for "Too Long Didn't Read." TLDR is commonly used to summarize lengthy content and can signal a sort of executive summary at the start of news articles or emails. The abbreviation can come off as rude, so it's best to avoid using TLDR as a response in professional settings.

Edited by mcdlpapi

I am the developer of Roblox hacks and Minecraft cheats, also can do custom web dev work. For inquiries, DM me.

• 4 months later...

To add on to what Bryan over here was saying, I use the feather client to avoid the port forwarding that google fiber doesn't allow me to do lmao. Kinda messed up that they won't allow .bat files though. It's a pretty good service for server hosting if you're not trying to spend 20 USD a month to play minecraft with your friends. Sure it runs off of your machine but in the end it does encrypt the connections and the data that's being sent isn't really all that important, literally just a public IP and we all know anyone can grab those easily.