INVALID OR CORRUPTED SAVE DATA

V1XREN

I have encountered an error where it says "errors in currently selected datapacks prevented the world from loading" and it gives me two options, 'safe mode' and 'back to title screen', safe mode does absolutely nothing and will quote 'this world contains invalid or corrupted save data'.

I'm not sure how to attach the full latest log (please let me know how if possible) however here is a line which may be significant:

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid distance too far back

please let me know what else i may need to provide to be able to help me, Thank You.

That isn't forge, it's vanilla minecraft. That generally isn't supported here.

Your problem is the level.dat file is corrupted in your world/save folder.

You should have an automatic backup called  "level.dat_old" next to it that might work as a replacement?

Otherwise you are probably going to need to restore the save from a backup.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem, one day i was just trying to play on my modded 1.20 world and it gave me the same error screen. I didn't do anything before, though. it didn't crash or restart on me. maybe something bugged, because i streamed me playing before i got this error screen but the video didn't save (I have vods on) so I'm not sure what happened. 
what am i meant to upload exactly for help? I don't have a backup save to my knowledge. 

this was a day it was working, i had to remove 30% of the error codes, idk what this stuff means 

https://pastebin.com/McQJUQvM 

Edited by Carrie Phelps