New modder tring to get start, not finding the information I want

sandworm55

Alright, let me start off by saying the wiki has a lot of great modder tutorials, but i'm looking to make a mod that does not need to be installed in the actual .jar, but just dropped in the mods folder, for 2 reasons, 1, i don't like the idea of messing with base code if i don't have to, mainly for compatibility reasons, and 2, for my friends sake, who will undoubtedly be my guinea pigs.  An example of a mod that does this great, is ars magica, with 1 zip file you drop in the mods folder of the clients and the server, and done, that's it, which i would have thought would be easy to find, but my search have been unfruitful.  if someone could point me to something that would be helpful in that regards that would be awesome.

Hello!

This is actually how all forge mods are meant to be installed.

And in most cases this is what you will do, so normally you will be all good :D

When a forgemod is re-obfuscated, recompiled and all that.

You create a zip folder and that's the one you throw into the mods folder.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

i guess the last step was just always assumed, i have a good amount of programing knowlage, and know that, makes FML seem more impressive then just a standard, well, alright, so i objuscate (thats is really hard to spell lol) but all my resources in the resources, but all my classes in, and such as if i'm modding the jar(as how it feels) then i re obf-thingy and then that gives me the mod for the mod folder? and i assume the server is the same(assuming you set it up for that), so FML is like a code merger then?, hm, alrighty, that just made alot of things make sense, wish i was able to come up with that answer on my own, but TO THE TUTORIALS!!!!111 one

thanks again

FML

FML != Forge.

FML converts ModLoader functions into Forge functions so that ModLoader mods are compatible with Forge.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.