1.18.2 forge server crashes

shogako

hi. i have a 1.18.2 forge modded server that i've made myself. i'm getting an error that says:

"The game crashed whilst rendering overlay Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

here's the crash report and debug log. please explain it as simply as you can, i'm not fluent in code.
https://pastebin.com/HzYQ9FPz
https://gist.github.com/shogako/c64e735ca680f9ef72092061de14efc0

Edited by shogako

You should try allocating more memory to Minecraft, hence the "OutOfMemoryError."

If you are using the CurseForge app to make your server:

• Go to the homepage and click on the settings icon in the bottom left corner.
  • Select "Minecraft"
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and increase the allocated memory by dragging the slider.

If you are not using the CurseForge app:

• Open the Minecraft launcher
  • Click on "Installations"
  • Edit the installation containing your modded server.
  • Click on "More Options"
  • Look for the text field underneath "JVM Arguments" and paste the following:
    • -Xmx"INSERT_MEMORY_HERE"G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
    • Replace "INSERT_MEMORY_HERE" with your desired amount of memory to allocate (including the quotations).

Try to double or triple the previous amount of memory first. Adding too much memory may cause issues as well. If this does not work, you may have mods that are conflicting with one another.

5 minutes ago, Tablock_ said:

You should try allocating more memory to Minecraft, hence the "OutOfMemoryError."

If you are using the CurseForge app to make your server:

• Go to the homepage and click on the settings icon in the bottom left corner.
  • Select "Minecraft"
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and increase the allocated memory by dragging the slider.

If you are not using the CurseForge app:

• Open the Minecraft launcher
  • Click on "Installations"
  • Edit the installation containing your modded server.
  • Click on "More Options"
  • Look for the text field underneath "JVM Arguments" and paste the following:
    • -Xmx"INSERT_MEMORY_HERE"G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
    • Replace "INSERT_MEMORY_HERE" with your desired amount of memory to allocate (including the quotations).

Try to double or triple the previous amount of memory first. Adding too much memory may cause issues as well. If this does not work, you may have mods that are conflicting with one another.

Thanks for replying!!

I've already doubled the allocated RAM on both my Minecraft launcher and the Curseforge app, so I don't know if it's that. I only have 16GB and I'm using 8GB now. Is there a way to check what mods interfere with each other, or will I have to manually pick through them?

I looked at the crash report again and it looks like the crash is occurring with a mod named "Xaero's World Map." You also have a mod installed called "Xaero's Minimap." Try removing one or both of these mods and see if it worked. If this is the problem, you can try using the JourneyMap mod instead, which is similar to Xaero's Minimap.

17 minutes ago, Tablock_ said:

I looked at the crash report again and it looks like the crash is occurring with a mod named "Xaero's World Map." You also have a mod installed called "Xaero's Minimap." Try removing one or both of these mods and see if it worked. If this is the problem, you can try using the JourneyMap mod instead, which is similar to Xaero's Minimap.

Still crashing right before the menu pops up. :(
Thank you for all your help, though.

7 minutes ago, Tablock_ said:

Are you still getting an OutOfMemoryError? You may have to just remove random mods until the game stops crashing, and go from there. Or you can send me the new crash report and I can try to see what's wrong.

Here's the most recent crash report:
https://pastebin.com/cjCDPDC3

Let me know if you need the debug log as well!

I am not sure exactly what is causing this crash. It could be possible that you have too many mods and that is overwhelming your computer's memory, or some mods are conflicting with each other. The CurseForge app has a feature that allows you to disable mods. Open the profile of your modpack and you will see an option on the right-hand side to deactivate specific mods. I recommend disabling mods until the game runs. Then, slowly activate them until you find the mods causing the crash.