how to make a custom stew and water bottle

kazuya

Hey I want to Know how to make a custom stew I made it into a food item but it doesn't give the bowl when eaten and I want to make custom drinks without effects how would I go about doing this thanks allot

As far as your bowl of stew goes, from what I can see you want to override the finishUsingItem method to return the bowl to the player.

I found this looking through the Minecraft code, your IDE should have something for Referenced Libraries or something like that, which will allow you to do the same.

Check the class net.minecraft.world.item.Items for mushroom_stew, and take a look at the method it calls for setting up the item.

Edited by Ugdhar
  • Thanks 1

For the stew, you'll want to override the finishUsingItem method to ensure the bowl is returned to the player. This is similar to how mushroom stew works in the game. You can find examples in the Minecraft code under the net.minecraft.world.item.Items class, which should give you a good starting point.

For custom drinks without effects, you can create them as regular food items but without adding potion effects. Just set up the food properties to match what you're aiming for in terms of hunger and saturation.

Edited by CailynBrandt

On 2/26/2024 at 3:43 PM, CailynBrandt said:

For the stew, you'll want to override the finishUsingItem method to ensure the bowl is returned to the player. This is similar to how mushroom stew works in the game. You can find examples in the Minecraft code under the net.minecraft.world.item.Items class, which should give you a good starting point.

For custom drinks without effects, you can create them as regular food items but without adding potion effects. Just set up the food properties to match what you're aiming for in terms of hunger and saturation.

that is not what I need I need, I need the drinks to act like water bottles But thanks

Edited by kazuya
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 1:08 PM, Ugdhar said:

As far as your bowl of stew goes, from what I can see you want to override the finishUsingItem method to return the bowl to the player.

I found this looking through the Minecraft code, your IDE should have something for Referenced Libraries or something like that, which will allow you to do the same.

Check the class net.minecraft.world.item.Items for mushroom_stew, and take a look at the method it calls for setting up the item.

Thanks a lot I needed to use the new BowlFoodItem func instead of new item in the ItemMod Class

On 2/28/2024 at 11:41 AM, kazuya said:

that is not what I need I need, I need the drinks to act like water bottles But thanks

I didn't quite understand what you asked about, but I'm glad you solved your issue. Good luck with your experiments :)

On 3/5/2024 at 12:16 PM, CailynBrandt said:

I didn't quite understand what you asked about, but I'm glad you solved your issue. Good luck with your experiments :)

Thanks 

Anyone know how i can make a custom food item with the animation from drinking a water bottle and on consumption giving a empty bottle back?

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to use mods. Look for mods that offer drinking animations and returning empty containers. After you find suitable mods, you should install them on your server. Make sure the mod version is compatible with your version of Minecraft :D
Review the mod's configuration files or documentation to learn how to add a custom food item with your desired properties. You may need to adjust recipes, textures, and other settings.
Next, conduct testing to ensure that the drinking animation works correctly and that the empty bottle is returned after consumption.
If you plan to share your results with other players or create your own mod, it's important to document the process of creating a custom food item so others can replicate it. Post back later to see if everything worked out.