Jump to content

[SOLVED] Custom Portal Works Correctly In Development Environment But Crashes In Production Environment

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The mod I'm working on is in 1.19.2.

The portal works correctly in Intellij but when I publish the jar, put it in the mods folder of the game it crashes with the following error whenever any entity collides with it:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class com.github.warrentode.turtleblockacademy.blocks.TBAMiningPortalBlock tried to access protected field net.minecraft.world.entity.Entity.f_19819_ (com.github.warrentode.turtleblockacademy.blocks.TBAMiningPortalBlock is in module [email protected] of loader 'TRANSFORMER' @16c5b50a; net.minecraft.world.entity.Entity is in module [email protected] of loader 'TRANSFORMER' @16c5b50a)
    at com.github.warrentode.turtleblockacademy.blocks.TBAMiningPortalBlock.m_7892_(TBAMiningPortalBlock.java:124) ~[turtleblockacademy-2024.2025-1.0.0.jar%23572!/:2024.2025-1.0.0] {re:classloading}

The thing is, I have Entity.f_19819_ in my accessTransformer.cfg file in this line: public net.minecraft.world.entity.Entity f_19819_ # portalEntrancePos

So what do I need to do to fix this error?

Edited by toadie-odie
problem solved
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is the field that accesses the portal entrance position relative to the entity. So very much needed to make a portal work.

What I don't understand is why the access widener works when running the client in Intellij but doesn't after I publish the jar and try to play with game with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, just seeing this now. The compiled jar was working just fine prior to me adding the custom portal, but here is the link to the entire project at the time the portal was in there:


Direct link to the build.gradle:


Direct link to the access transformer file:


And if you need to take a look at the teleporter class:


The portal block:


Currently, I've removed the portal block until I can figure this out and we just access the dimension via a clickable sign in the homeschooling LAN server we have here at home, but I'd really like to be able to solve and fix the problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know how I missed it, but I did. The access transformer file had a capital T in it. Fixed that and the problem has been solved. I feel really stupid, but thank you for asking about that, because it had me rechecking until I finally saw it. I'm marking this solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • toadie-odie changed the title to [SOLVED] Custom Portal Works Correctly In Development Environment But Crashes In Production Environment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.