Forge 965 debugging with mods

target.san

Hello everyone Couldn't find anything useful on Gogle, so posting here

I'm trying to run a set of mods locally in SSP.

Unfortunatelly, internal server shuts down due to lack of resources, either right after initial world gen, or several seconds afterwards. Actually, it doesn't shut down, but rather eats 100% CPU and stops responding. Sure, it's one of mods doing that mess. The problem is, I'm having following alternatives to find out who's the one eating my jam in the kitchen.

1. Disable mods one by one, or via binary search. Not very handy, and I'm a bit lazy to play with ~30 mods.

2. Use some experimental WinDbg plugin which can attach to ava process. Looks like not so promising.

3. Run the whole stuff from source distribution. Would be my salvation, but mods don't like to run in this environment.

So my question: is there some kind of recipe to run Forge 965 with a bunch of mods in debugger properly? I don't have intention to decompile one of mods, just to check who's the CPU eater.

Thanks.

Only 30 mods?

Binary search the fucker out.

You can complain about being lazy when you have to set up a server for two hundred and eighty.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

@Draco18s

First of all, I'm not so fond of doing monkey job.

Seriously?  It's like four checks (on the assumption that it's a single mod).

Check 7 of 15

Check 4 of (7 or 8 )

Check 2 of 4

Check 1 of 2

--Problem mod located--

Second, my search shows that it's some kind of cross-mod issue, as disabling each half of mod list results in issue disappearance.

While harder to track down, you have determined that each half contains one of the two problem mods.  Cut in half the other way next (think of the list of mods as being labeles on slices of pie: you've cut the pie one way, now cut it at a 90 degree angle).  If you get the same result, check the diagonals.  If you get a working half and a non-working half, you have now narrowed down the search space.  Repeat.

It might be monkey work, but at some level, everything is monkey work.

That's why we have trained monkeys.

Now, it's nice to have tools that help, but with such a small collection its often faster to do it manually than spend the time trying to find the tool.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Dammit, MC crashes when I enable jvisualvm's profiler, and jvisualvm dies itself when I try to dump server thread state.

@Draco18s, seems I have no other option than playing binary search.

Anyway, it wold be interesting to know on how to run the whole set under Eclipse.

EDIT: Seems it's some kind of really unpleasant lag spike. Disappears if Biomes'O'Plenty are removed, or if some worldgen mods are removed, so there aren't many of them.