1.7.2 windows installer.

Chibill

It should require jre6+

So jre7 should work fine... I'll look into it.

ya, it doesn't care the version as long as its 6+.

Most likely the cause is that you don't have the JRE installed correctly and it can't find it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I think you may be wrong all other java using programs work and then the install responds

Launch4j

This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0

Note

I am on windows 7 with both the java 7 JRE for 32 bit and 64 bit

with the JDK for both also.

I think Launch4j is only compiled to work on java 6.

I have had Forge working Dev and installed on minecraft from around the minecraft 1.4 time so yeah java is install right.

Java WORKS, doesn't mean it's installed correctly.

What is your JAVA_HOME environment variable set to?

Does your PATH container the bin directory for your JRE?

Also, it uses your Registry to find the installed java: "SOFTWARE\\JavaSoft\\Java Runtime Environment", "SOFTWARE\\JavaSoft\\Java Development Kit",

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Its all set right just because luncher4j does not like jre 7 does not mean you can rage at me and yes path is right so is java_home (if you have forgotten forge gradle using java_home and the path varble and it works and the registry should be set(have not touched it and I installed java from the java website). The only thing that can be wrong in with the installer (maybe you told it it had to use java 6) But I have it installed using the Other installer as seen in the second post.

I'm not raging, I am pointing out what is wrong and possible reasons why it could be based on my disection of launch4j's source.

If you want I can 'rage' and ban you, but I don't want to as thats annoying.

I can tell you, that out installer works just fine with jre7 installed as I have jre7 installed. It detects it and uses it just fine seince it is installed on my system correctly.

Either way it's a non-issue as the millions of others using the exe installer use it just fine, and you have the ability to run the jar yourself.