Crashing before title screen

Feanor

So I've been using IndustrialCraft for a long time without problems and I recently tried to add BuildCraft. At first all the BuildCraft items were invisible so I tried fixed it but it didn't work. I tried all sorts of things, installing in different orders, googling stuff.

I use Magic Launcher (only since today, my last try), the order of installation goes as following:

• Forge
  • TMI
  • Entire BuildCraft zips
  • NetherRocks
  • IndustrialCraft

Crash report:

10 mods loaded

Minecraft Forge 3.3.7.135

FML v2.2.48.135

Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.48.135 for Minecraft 1.2.5

mod_IC2 : Post-initialized (industrialcraft-2-client_1.103.jar)

mod_Netherrocks : Post-initialized (Netherrocks 1.2.5 Client Forge.zip)

mod_BuildCraftSilicon : Post-initialized (buildcraft-client-C-silicon-3.1.5.zip)

mod_BuildCraftTransport : Post-initialized (buildcraft-client-B-transport-3.1.5.zip)

mod_BuildCraftFactory : Initialized (buildcraft-client-B-factory-3.1.5.zip)

mod_BuildCraftEnergy : Initialized (buildcraft-client-B-energy-3.1.5.zip)

mod_BuildCraftBuilders : Initialized (buildcraft-client-B-builders-3.1.5.zip)

mod_BuildCraftCore : Initialized (buildcraft-client-A-core-3.1.5.zip)

mod_TooManyItems : Initialized (TooManyItems2012_03_30_1.2.5pre.zip)

mod_MinecraftForge : Initialized (minecraftforge-client-3.3.7.135.zip)

Minecraft has crashed!     

----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT e37439a --------

Generated 28/08/12 20:13

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+/PCI/SSE2 version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 250 is already occupied by ic2.common.BlockMachine@e015d5 when adding buildcraft.factory.BlockMiningWell@1b962c9

at pb.<init>(Block.java:251)

at agy.<init>(BlockContainer.java:7)

at buildcraft.factory.BlockMachineRoot.<init>(BlockMachineRoot.java:21)

at buildcraft.factory.BlockMiningWell.<init>(BlockMiningWell.java:30)

at BuildCraftFactory.initialize(BuildCraftFactory.java:92)

at mod_BuildCraftFactory.modsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftFactory.java:36)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.postInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:330)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.postModInit(Loader.java:280)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:605)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:203)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:426)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 330632c9 ----------

Thanks in advance

looks like a Block ID conflict to me:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 250 is already occupied by ic2.common.BlockMachine@e015d5 when adding buildcraft.factory.BlockMiningWell@1b962c9

Change the block ID of either IC2 or Buildcraft for that block to a different value until it doesn't crash with the same message. If then appears a different one, try to change the block ID for the block mentioned in the crash report.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Thanks for reacting so fast, I edited the BuildCraft.cfg with Notepad++ but it always give the same error (with another number) or it gives this error:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 350

I've tried a lot of numbers (even 250:1 but that magically changes into 150 after saving and loading my game). A possible solution is removing the spongeblock from the game (id 19) and giving the MiningWell id 19. But I can't find the place where I can remove blocks.

It appears that you're just screwing something up reading the config.

I'd suggest fixing your config rather then hacking around trying to fix the front door by installing a new garage.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

All i can say is make sure the game is fully shut down before editing the config.

I know for a fact that the BC config works just fine. It appears you're doing something wrong.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I fixed it myself, but only because SanAndreasP gave me a push in the right direction.

This video explained what I had to do.

I read through a lot of bug reports and I must say that I'm disappointed in your behaviour Lex. You have the opportunity to help people, yet you act like an ignorant blind prick who just answer to answer, not really to help.

Once again thanks SanAndreasP, I can now build a Diamond Generator and other things will follow soon after!