Forge refuses to start because it wants Forge for MC1.7 but trying to play MC1.6

So, I have a question. I'm trying to make a modpack, and all of the mods I want are at most version 1.6.4. Fine by me, but once I put everything together Minecraft Forge tells me that I need Forge version 10.12.1.1074, but that version is for Minecraft 1.7.2. The version of Forge I'm trying to run with this modpack is 9.11.1.953, for Minecraft 1.6.4. If I change it, Forge complains that all of the mods are out of date, obviously, because I need to run Minecraft 1.7.2 to have Forge 10.12.1.1074. But if I do nothing, it just keeps telling me over and over that the minimum version required is the wrong version I need. There is no way to override the notification. All I can do is shut Minecraft down. Is this really necessary? Is there a way to fix this, or am I stuck without my mods and forced to use the latest version? I guess the main question is, is there a way I can use the Forge version I need without having this silly issue?

I can't update, the average version of all of the mods I want to use is 1.6.4.

I did find a mod that was actually the wrong version, but when I started everything back up it gave me this error:

Time: 5/11/14 4:40 PM

Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game

at com.google.common.collect.Maps.uniqueIndex(Maps.java:1138)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:214)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:470)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:467)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:815)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:103)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at com.google.common.collect.Maps.uniqueIndex(Maps.java:1138)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:214)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:470)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:467)

-- Initialization --

Details:

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:815)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:103)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.7.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 93283104 bytes (88 MB) / 213716992 bytes (203 MB) up to 518979584 bytes (494 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx512M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v9.03 FML v7.2.190.1075 Minecraft Forge 10.12.1.1075 25 mods loaded, 25 mods active

mcp{9.03} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded

FML{7.2.190.1075} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.2-10.12.1.1075.jar) Unloaded

Forge{10.12.1.1075} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.2-10.12.1.1075.jar) Unloaded

CrazyOres{CrazyOres Core 1.0} [CrazyOres Core] ([1.6.4] CrazyOres Core V1.0.zip) Unloaded

animalbikes{2} [AnimalBikes] (AnimalBikes_1.6.2-1.6.4.zip) Unloaded

BWG4{1.1.9} [better World Generation 4] (BWG4_V119.zip) Unloaded

CarpentersBlocks{2.0.8} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenter's Blocks v2.0.8 - MC 1.6+.zip) Unloaded

chococraft{3.0.3} [Torojima's ChocoCraft] (Chococraft_3.0.3.zip) Unloaded

CustomSpawner{3.0.0} [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (CustomMobSpawner 3.0.0.zip) Unloaded

customnpcs{1.6.4} [CustomNpcs] (CustomNPCs_1.6.2-1.6.4.zip) Unloaded

MoCreatures{6.1.0} [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod] (DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v6.1.0.zip) Unloaded

ExtrabiomesXL{3.15.2} [ExtrabiomesXL] (ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.15.2.jar) Unloaded

MobAmputation{2.0.1} [MobAmputation] (files^MobAmputation2.0.1.zip) Unloaded

MobDismemberment{2.0.0} [MobDismemberment] (files^MobDismemberment2.0.0.zip) Unloaded

TrailMix{2.0.0} [TrailMix] (files^TrailMix2.0.0.zip) Unloaded

Forestry{2.3.1.1} [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-2.3.1.1.jar) Unloaded

LittleBlocks{2.2.3.1} [Little Blocks] (LittleBlocks-1.6.4-2.2.3.1.zip) Unloaded

moreplayermodels{1.6.4} [MorePlayerModels] (MorePlayerModels_1.6.2-1.6.4.zip) Unloaded

Morph{0.6.0} [Morph] (Morph-Beta-0.6.0.zip) Unloaded

Natura{2.1.14} [Natura] (Natura_mc1.6.X_2.1.14.jar) Unloaded

NetherX{1.2.2} [NetherX] (NetherX 1.3 for MC 1.6.4.jar) Unloaded

SlimevoidLib{2.1.0.0} [slimevoid Library] (SlimevoidLib-1.6.4-2.1.0.0.zip) Unloaded

Thaumcraft{4.0.5b} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft4.0.5b.zip) Unloaded

TwilightForest{1.20.3} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.20.3.jar) Unloaded

iChunUtil{2.4.0} [iChunUtil] (util^iChunUtil2.4.0.zip) Unloaded

Launched Version: 1.7.2-Forge10.12.1.1075

LWJGL: 2.9.0

OpenGL: GeForce GT 525M/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.4.0, NVIDIA Corporation

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Resource Packs: [Erecia 1.7.1.zip]

Current Language: English (US)

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Not sure how to troubleshoot this one, but it sounds bizarre. And yes, I did try restarting and other versions of Forge.

As a side note, is it possible so that Forge recognizes the version that each mod was built for, then creates percentages(or numbers, whichever works best) and shows them to the player when it tries to start up so they know which mods are the wrong version? When it told me I needed to update Forge, instead of telling me that one mod out of 30 others is too new, I thought it was preventing me from starting up an old version of Forge and that I had to painfully wait for every mod to *probably* update.

Its straight forward one or more of the mods you're trying to install is 1.7.2

And there is no way to run mods across MC versions.

So your last log, where you have MC 1.7.2 and a crapload of 1.6.4 mods.. aint gunna work.

As for WHAT mod is saying it's 1.7.2 you need to read the log file to find out just dont go slapping things together -.- It wont work.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Yeah, I know, I fixed that. There are no 1.7.2 mods inside of the folder; I even re-downloaded the right versions and tried it then. I did not edit the .jar. And I didn't see anything in the crash report that I knew what to do with, which is why I posted it,  because I was trying the run Minecraft 1.6.4. And no, I never said I wanted to run mods of different versions in the same Forge/Minecraft version, because I know that doesn't work. I was simply suggesting that in case of a mistake like mine, Forge could tell you the different mods' versions so you know who the outliers were and could fix it, instead of it telling you that you need to update just because one mod is newer than the others.

Forge doesn't know what version of Minecraft a mod is for, it just loads them. It's up to you to cross-check the mod versions.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

I'm running everything with 1.6.4 stuff, that's why I was confused and asked about it, because it makes no sense. I guess I could re-download everything again, but I doubt much would change. Thanks though. If I get a different log I'll post it.