Question: Chunkloading hooks?

Mister_Omega

No, Modders did.

They used it improperly and caused the majority of tick lag on servers that I debugged.

Once someone aproaches me with a better system, I'll stick it in. Until then, this isn't really that important.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

No, Modders did.

They used it improperly and caused the majority of tick lag on servers that I debugged.

Once someone aproaches me with a better system, I'll stick it in. Until then, this isn't really that important.

Lex, lag is inevitable when using chunkloaders.

I understand the part of the hook being abused, but simply removing the hook with no valid explanation or replacement is just mean.

Perhaps readd it, but make it harder to use, so not any Tom, Dick or Harry can make a chunk loader?

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

No, the lag is NOT inevitable.

You wanna sacrafice 70% of your tick time to load a single chunk? Ya, no.

I'll readd it when a valid solution arrives.

People have lived this long without it, people can live a little bit longer.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

No, Modders did.

Wow... that just bites. Hopefully it comes back, chunkloaders were integral in some of my designs.