I need a Mac expert!

TheCoolTurtwig

I am running a mac 10.6.8, and mods used to work. When I added some mods, it will let me play for a minute, freezes, then goes black. I then have to restart the computer.

The old mods are: CodeChickenCore, NEI, PowerCrystals Core, TinkersConstruct, AE, OpenMods, OpenBlocks, FleshToLeather, Autolis, Bibliocraft, Carpenters blocks, Minefactory reloaded, Mystcraft, Thaumcraft , nether ores, Twilight forest, portalguns, statues, Traincraft and forge microblocks.

Then I added Thermal Expansion and team CoFH core. thats when it crashes.

It does work on windows, however, so the config is right. But my windows computer is waaaaaay too slow. I do have Java 6. (7 isnt compatible with OSX 10.6) Please help, Thank you.

Also, does adding a mod to a forge server automatically fix ID mixups? just curious. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

How to get logs: I assume you're running SPS.

Good news: MC does write logs by itself. You do not need to do anything special.

The bad news: You have to find the correct log file:

In the minecraft directory (by default the .minecraft, I do not know mac and cannot tell you where this is stored. Try the minecraft launcher -> edit launch config...) there are two other dirs

• logs
  • crash-reports

Look at the timestamp of the log files (when the file was last modified that is) in there and try to select the one that is most likely to cover the time of your freezes.

If you're lucky MC even created a crash report. They have the timestamp in the file name.

Good luck!

How to get logs: I assume you're running SPS.

Good news: MC does write logs by itself. You do not need to do anything special.

The bad news: You have to find the correct log file:

In the minecraft directory (by default the .minecraft, I do not know mac and cannot tell you where this is stored. Try the minecraft launcher -> edit launch config...) there are two other dirs

• logs
  • crash-reports

Look at the timestamp of the log files (when the file was last modified that is) in there and try to select the one that is most likely to cover the time of your freezes.

If you're lucky MC even created a crash report. They have the timestamp in the file name.

Good luck!

we dont want mc crash reports

we want this fml-client-latest.log