used installer in a foler, no files download after server run

hello

i have been trying to set up a minecraft server jar for a server that is hosted by

http://exodushosting.net/

i have tried 1.7.2 and up ta 1.7.10

but when i download the installer

i pick an empty folder to install into

install

3 objects are now in this folder

folder: libraries

jar: forge-version-universal

jar: minecraft_server.version

after that i select: forge-version-universal

(which is what all the tutorial do)

and run with java platform se binary

when this happens on the tutorials, things are installed into the folder while the server starts.

but when i do this, none of the server files are installed into the server and most of the time the server does not start up (sometimes the server starts even tho it does not create these folders

im sorry for any grammer, punctuation and spelling mystakes...

i would b very happy if i could b helped.

You would have to speak to your hosts and determine where the server's 'Home' or 'Work' folder is.

The path that the server is actually run from.

That is where files are loaded.

If the server starts, then the files are created somewhere {note, these are not DOWNLOAD they are CREATED}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

thanks for the advice lexmanos

i fixed my problem...

i feel like an idiot but i had my default jar file opening program as winrar instead of java se binary...

i didnt even notice i had changed it ha ha

i was actually installing on my pc then moving files over (i understood that the files were being created instead of placed from some magic folder hidden in the installer, thank you for clarifying tho)

for my host, they run the server as if a regular computer would. they also have a pick jar feature so u can switch between servers

im happy that i received nice reply and no one said anything about my lack of grammar and punctuation...

thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, its much appreciated especially since u do all the stuff related to forge as a past time :)