Packet Error, IRC group baffled

khionu

[[sOLVED]]

I would like to start off saying that I followed the instructions to the letter. I am a web developer, but I have no experience with programming a server/client based game, so I've tried various basic troubleshooting, plus a couple extra things suggested by the IRC Chat Members, to no avail.

I downloaded Minecraft 1.7.10 via the Vanilla Launcher, fresh before installing Forge via the official installer, then adding 1 widely used mod (ComputerCraft). From there, I had some troubleshooting to do with CC, but after that, the client couldn't connect. At irc.esper.net#minecraftforge member's suggestion, I tried without CC. I did a completely fresh install of the Vanilla 1.7.10 and Forge. Same error.

A few more details, as well as the logs for both times, are here: http://hastebin.com/raw/ezagawiqeg

I cannot find the Forge logs for the client. They are COMPLETELY missing. Again, I used the official Forge installer.

UPDATE: No where did I read that I had to point the launcher at a new 1.7.10. It was only upon exploring my .minecraft folder that I found "versions/1.70.1-forge.blah/...", so I looked through the list of versions and found the alternate 1.7.10, at the BOTTOM, after the 1st release of MC..... So, thank you for the absolute clarity of your instructions, especially for people new to non-official gaming.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello, I was trying to play a MOD in my preferred language, but I see that only some items are translated, and I go to debug and I get this information (the only thing that is translated is the bestiary):   [14sep.2024 17:14:36.415] [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.resources.language.ClientLanguage/]: Skipped language file: mowziesmobs:lang/es_es.json (com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 394 column 2 path $.config.mowziesmobs.ice_crystal_attack_multiplier) [14sep.2024 17:14:36.421] [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.resources.language.ClientLanguage/]: Skipped language file: iceandfire:lang/es_es.json (com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated object at line 1349 column 4 path $.iceandfire.sound.subtitle.dragonflute)   Is that the reason why everything is not translated? , and is there any way to fix it? Thanks
    • I had an amazing experience with The Hack Angels. I had given up hope, but they managed to recover my bitcoins from an online scammer. I was able to retrieve what I had thought was lost forever because of their knowledge and commitment. I heartily endorse the services of The Hack Angels to anyone in need of help recovering cryptocurrency. They really are authorities in their domain.  (Web: https://thehackangels.com)     Whats Ap; +1 520) - 200, 23  20 ) ,  Mail Box; support@thehackangels. com
    • I got my model to render from the models renderToBuffer method. But still not quite what I want. I want to render the model from my renderer's render method. I feel that having access to the renderer and it's methods will open some doors for me later down the line. //EntityRendererProvider.Context pContext = ; I want this //ToaPlayerRenderer render = new ToaPlayerRenderer(pContext, false); // if I can get the above line to work, having the methods from the renderer class would be incredibly helpful down the line RenderType rendertype = model.renderType(p.getSkinTextureLocation()); // this should be something like render.getTextureLocation() VertexConsumer vertexconsumer = buffer.getBuffer(rendertype); model.renderToBuffer(stack, vertexconsumer, paLights, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1); // I don't want the render to happen here since it doesn't use the renderer //model.render(p, 1f, pTicks, stack, buffer, paLights); I want to render the model using this It is certainly getting closer though. Probably. I am still worried that even if pContext is initialized this new instance of the renderer class will still hit me with the classic and all too familiar "can't use static method in non-static context"
    • Hello, I am learning how to create Multipart Entities and I tried creating a PartEntity based on the EnderDragonPart code. However, when I tested summoning the entity in the game, the PartEntity appeared at position x 0, y 0, z 0 within the game. I tried to make it follow the main entity, and after testing again, the part entity followed the main entity but seemed to teleport back to x 0, y 0, z 0 every tick (I'm just guessing). I don't know how to fix this can someone help me? My github https://github.com/SteveKK666/Forge-NewWorld-1.20.1/tree/master/src/main/java/net/kk/newworldmod/entity/custom Illustration  https://drive.google.com/file/d/157SPvyQCE8GcsRXyQQkD4Dyhalz6LjBn/view?usp=drive_link Sorry for my English; I’m not very good at it. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.