Persistent issues hosting Forge server.

YCCCM7

Okay. So suffice to say I've read the EAQ and did not find my solution there. I have looked at similar issues (but the info is majorly vague, so it's hard to tell) and found either nothing relevant or nothing that has worked, most of which has been about say updating windows, drivers, or disabling AV.

What happens: The server begins to boot up then suddenly closes. Additionally, it does NOT produce a log file on output. I played with logs intensively to see what the information provided was, to no avail. I have been told the server will ALWAYS produce a log, but this is apparently not as true and as much of a scientific law as it is proclaimed to be.

NOTE: This is being run on 1.7.10 and has all proper versions for forge, the minecraft client, and all mods used and all that jazz. We (as in a friend and I) double checked everything for corrupt downloads, proper versions, and things like "recommended" vs "latest" versions for complete accuracy, to no avail. We are under the impression 1.7.10 is either the latest or one of the latest versions. Nobody likes 8+ minecraft I guess.

Mods ran when this happens:

-CustomNPC's for 1.7.10B, balkon's weapons for 1.7.10 and 1.7.2, and too many items forge version for 1.7.10

-These problems persist for server bootup even after completely removing all of the above listed mods, effectively leaving a "vanilla" bootup.

Other info for the troubleshooting process:

-Files were claimed to install successfully. They are not installed on a "remote machine" or other things I've heard forge does not support. Just a good ol' client PC.

-Files were reinstalled with AV disabled in case it was interfering. No results.

-Read a post about not being able to boot up, then updating windows 7 to latest version, rebooting, and it worked fine. I installed all updates outside of microsoft office and this still did nothing.

-Server is not producing a log on bootup. Some junk logs were left lying around after vanilla server, and after re-checking the info after multiple attempts, the info provided was not updating and was claiming things that were impossible (unless it was a non-updating vanilla log,which it was) for the forge environment. Consequently, I have no forge logs to post.

-I updated all my drivers to their latest versions, this did nothing.

-Minecraft, forge, and server AND SP worlds have all been reset repetitively, but to no avail. Reinstalling or retrying the initiation is not the solution.

-Yes, the EULA is properly setup and vanilla was run prior to forge install.

PC Specs courtesy of Speccy:

CPU: Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz; Clarkdale 32nm technology

RAM: 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: Gateway H57M01 (CPU 1)

Graphics: NS-24E730A12 (1920x1080@60Hz) ; 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (NVIDIA)

Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-22M2B0 (SATA)

Guise. What the heck is going on?

Okay enlighten me. The window is self closing and not copying data over to the logs folder. The server, as I understand it, is run through a JAR and not through a BAT or DOS area, so I'm not seeing any command line... just running through java library, which said friend was able to host a working forge server using, but not while playing as he has both less bandwidth and RAM than I do.

Am I running the server wrong at this point or is there a way to crack open the JAR to obtain said command prompt info? This needs major explanation because all else is failing.

in the server folder there a logs folder open it.

we need the fml-server-latest.log

for the command prompt info you need to have a start script

i use this

java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=128m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1219-universal.jar nogui
pause

make a text file copy said code in to ti an save it as (name me).txt and rename it to (name me).bat

Okay pertinent question about that. This is related to my problem solving and perhaps being presumptuous on how forge server generates logs.

Forge log for latest wasn't budging after removing all mods installed, in that it was still whining about missing OGG's in CustomNPC's and the last modified date wasn't changing. So I wiped out the log text files in the folder to it would generate a clean one to make things crystal clear, but it hasn't produced a new log file since. Does it not generate a log file if it doesn't exist? I do a lot of work in other engines that would normally waste no time producing a log file if it didn't exist. The fact it wasn't updating the log after a certain point and didn't re-generate the log file I saw as a single, unified symptom. Starting to doubt this, especially since I find Java very avant-garde in many respects.

Do I need to replace the log files for it to write a fresh log?

Nevermind, sorted this mess out. Updated java and it worked and booted up nice and clean. 3 log files were produced in its wake vs none, and the server ran nice and clean, prepared spawn, and so forth afterwards. I somehow manage to forget time and time again that minecraft client is several fold less java sensitive than minecraft servers, especially from non-vanilla.