Over 80 mods (no matter which mods) cripples performance

Aevaris

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly nooby in terms of non-mod specific and non-crash problems, so I apologize if this isn't a forge problem. I tried googling around, read the EAQ, and browsed the first couple pages of posts here.

I'm playing SMP, MC 1.7.10. I've tried various Forge versions (1236, 1235, 1230, 1221, 1220) and any time I add more than 80 mods, my performance drops from 60 FPS (with vsync) to 20 or less. The specific mods don't matter, I've tried swapping mods in and out. I've tried using java 7-71 as well as java 8-25. I have my RAM settings to be min 512mb, max 4gig with 512 permgen.

I'm using MultiMC as my client for installing Forge. I have a legit minecraft account. What information would be helpful to troubleshoot this? My FML client latest is larger than pastebins max size for free users, so let me know what piece of it would be helpful if any for this problem.

Thanks everyone!

Thread locked, new rule we do not take any reports of 'lag' {which this is} without a proper profiling and log.

I'm sick and tired of 'OMG ADDED BAJILLION MODS NOW FORGE MAKE LAGGERZ'.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon