help 1.8 for why minecraft is not loading this item texture <SOLVED>

perromercenary00

good days

gues am i not the only one whith the swollen balls for the tink whit the json for the textures for blocks and items

google dont give a clear answr i been reading and interpreting code from diferents sources but no working texture yet

soo long i been reading lot of post about this but is something missing

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,24263.0.html

the mod name is MODID = "modmercenario" , the folder is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/java/modMercenario/mercenarymod

the item is a steelIngot i steal the json from the iron ingot.

and i like to set everything in folders

public static Item aceroMercenario;

aceroMercenario  = new modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.materiales.aceroMercenario();

the texture is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/resources/assets/modmercenario/textures/items/materiales/aceromercenario.png

is a 64b texture but i alredy chage it to 16 soo thas was not the problem

mi json is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/resources/assets/modmercenario/models/item/aceromercenario.json

and inside looks identicaly to the one of the torch example in http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Block_models

whith only diference is the route to the texture

//aceromercenario.json

{

"parent": "builtin/generated",

"textures": {

"layer0": "modmercenario:/items/materiales/aceromercenario"

},

"display": {

"thirdperson": {

"rotation": [ -90, 0, 0 ],

"translation": [ 0, 1, -3 ],

"scale": [ 0.55, 0.55, 0.55 ]

},

"firstperson": {

"rotation": [ 0, -135, 25 ],

"translation": [ 0, 4, 2 ],

"scale": [ 1.7, 1.7, 1.7 ]

}

}

}

there is no errors in the console output

mi item acero mercenario is in the CreativeTabs.tabMisc but just and ugly purple black square in tghe steve hand is black purpole square and something rare happend in 3 view is a full 1M cubic block purple and black swalow the steve arm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxg25rx0i5zbac1/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202014-12-02%2020%3A21%3A24.png?dl=0

nop i dont any have idea what im missing

//aceroMercenario.java

//__________________________________

package modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.materiales;

import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;

import net.minecraft.client.resources.model.ModelResourceLocation;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;

import net.minecraft.item.Item.ToolMaterial;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial;

import net.minecraftforge.common.util.EnumHelper;

import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;

import modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.MercenaryModItems;

import modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.materiales.materialesMercenarios;

import modmercenario.mercenarymod.Mercenary;

public class aceroMercenario extends Item{

public static String name="aceromercenario";

public aceroMercenario(){

setUnlocalizedName(Mercenary.MODID + "_" + name);

GameRegistry.registerItem(this, name);

setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMisc);

//setTextureName(Mercenary.MODID + ":" + "materiales/" + name);

this.maxStackSize = 64;

//  this.setMaxDamage(500);

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(MercenaryModItems.aceroMercenario, 0, new ModelResourceLocation("modmercenario:/items/materiales/aceromercenario", "inventory"));

}

public static ToolMaterial material(){

return materialesMercenarios.aceromadera();

}

public static ArmorMaterial materialArmadura(){

return materialesMercenarios.acero();

}

}

//_______________________________________________

//MercenaryModItems.java

//_______________________________________________

package modMercenario.mercenarymod.items;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;

import net.minecraft.init.Items;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;

import net.minecraft.item.Item.ToolMaterial;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

import net.minecraftforge.common.util.EnumHelper;

import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;

import modMercenario.mercenarymod.blocks.MercenaryModBlocks;

import modmercenario.mercenarymod.Mercenary;

public final class MercenaryModItems{

public  static void init(){

aceroMercenario = new modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.materiales.aceroMercenario();

}

//################################################################################################################################################################################################

}//fin de la classe

nop 

im stuck

that was one of first post i read and according to that i get it well

the mod name is MODID = "modmercenario" , the folder is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/java/modMercenario/mercenarymod

the item is a steelIngot i steal the json from the iron ingot.

and i like to set everything in folders

aceroMercenario = new modMercenario.mercenarymod.items.materiales.aceroMercenario();

the texture is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/resources/assets/modmercenario/textures/items/materiales/aceromercenario.png

is a 64b texture but i alredy chage it to 16 soo thas was not the problem

mi json is in

/home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/src/main/resources/assets/modmercenario/models/item/aceromercenario.json

and inside looks identicaly to the one of the torch example in http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Block_models

whith only diference is the route to the texture

{

"parent": "builtin/generated",

"textures": {

"layer0": "modmercenario:/items/materiales/aceromercenario"

},

"display": {

"thirdperson": {

"rotation": [ -90, 0, 0 ],

"translation": [ 0, 1, -3 ],

"scale": [ 0.55, 0.55, 0.55 ]

},

"firstperson": {

"rotation": [ 0, -135, 25 ],

"translation": [ 0, 4, 2 ],

"scale": [ 1.7, 1.7, 1.7 ]

}

}

}

there is no errors in the console output

mi item acero mercenario is in the CreativeTabs.tabMisc but just and ugly purple black square in tghe steve hand is black purpole square and something rare happend in 3 view is a full 1M cubic block purple and black swalow the steve arm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxg25rx0i5zbac1/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202014-12-02%2020%3A21%3A24.png?dl=0

nop i dont any have idea what im missing

Change

"modmercenario:/items/materiales/aceromercenario"

to

"modmercenario:materiales/aceromercenario"

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

eee

nop

thi s cause the error

[22:29:55] [Client thread/ERROR]: Using missing texture, unable to load modmercenario:textures/materiales/aceromercenario.png

java.io.FileNotFoundException: modmercenario:textures/materiales/aceromercenario.png

and now i just notice this

[22:29:47] [Client thread/INFO] [MinecraftForge]: Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

[22:29:47] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Searching /home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/eclipse/mods for mods

[22:29:47] [Client thread/INFO] [modmercenario]: Mod modmercenario is missing the required element 'name'. Substituting modmercenario

seting back to

"layer0": "modmercenario:items/materiales/aceromercenario"

and error disapear.

soo i conclude thath the png file and the json file are in the rigth places

this is the output whit modmercenario:items/materiales/aceromercenario

22:32:58] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Extra: []

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Running with arguments: [--userProperties, {}, --accessToken, {REDACTED}, --assetIndex, 1.8, --assetsDir, /home/tenchi/.gradle/caches/minecraft/assets, --version, 1.8, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon$GradleStartTweaker]

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon$GradleStartTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 8.0.12.1251 for Minecraft 1.8 loading

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_71, running on Linux:amd64:3.2.0-4-amd64, installed at /opt/oracle/jre1.7.0_71

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [FML]: Managed to load a deobfuscated Minecraft name- we are in a deobfuscated environment. Skipping runtime deobfuscation

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon$GradleStartTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLCorePlugin

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.classloading.FMLForgePlugin

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:32:58] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper

[22:32:58] [main/ERROR] [FML]: The binary patch set is missing. Either you are in a development environment, or things are not going to work!

[22:32:59] [main/ERROR] [FML]: FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing

[22:32:59] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper

[22:32:59] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker

[22:33:00] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker

[22:33:00] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker

[22:33:00] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}

[22:33:02] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: Player490

[22:33:06] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.1

[22:33:06] [Client thread/INFO] [MinecraftForge]: Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization

[22:33:06] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: MinecraftForge v11.14.0.1251 Initialized

[22:33:07] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Replaced 215 ore recipies

[22:33:07] [Client thread/INFO] [MinecraftForge]: Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

[22:33:07] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Searching /home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.0.1251-1.8-src/eclipse/mods for mods

[22:33:07] [Client thread/INFO] [modmercenario]: Mod modmercenario is missing the required element 'name'. Substituting modmercenario

[22:33:10] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 5 mods to load

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, examplemod, modmercenario] at CLIENT

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, examplemod, modmercenario] at SERVER

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:Example Mod, FMLFileResourcePack:modmercenario

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Processing ObjectHolder annotations

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Found 384 ObjectHolder annotations

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Configured a dormant chunk cache size of 0

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups

[22:33:11] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied

[22:33:12] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [tv.twitch.StandardCoreAPI:<init>:16]: If on Windows, make sure to provide all of the necessary dll's as specified in the twitchsdk README. Also, make sure to set the PATH environment variable to point to the directory containing the dll's.

[22:33:12] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't initialize twitch stream

[22:33:12] [sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...

[22:33:12] [Thread-7/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL

[22:33:12] [Thread-7/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)

[22:33:12] [Thread-7/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.

[22:33:12] [sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started

[22:33:17] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas

[22:33:18] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [com.example.examplemod.ExampleMod:init:18]: DIRT BLOCK >> tile.dirt

[22:33:18] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has successfully loaded 5 mods

[22:33:18] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:Example Mod, FMLFileResourcePack:modmercenario

[22:33:18] [Client thread/INFO]: SoundSystem shutting down...

[22:33:18] [Client thread/WARN]: Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

[22:33:18] [sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...

[22:33:18] [Thread-9/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL

[22:33:18] [Thread-9/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)

[22:33:19] [Thread-9/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.

[22:33:19] [sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started

[22:33:20] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas

[22:33:30] [server thread/INFO]: Starting integrated minecraft server version 1.8

[22:33:30] [server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this server instance

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 0 (Beta) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@6419955a)

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (Beta) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@6419955a)

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -1 (Beta) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@6419955a)

[22:33:31] [server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0

[22:33:32] [server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 50%

[22:33:33] [server thread/INFO]: Changing view distance to 6, from 10

[22:33:33] [Netty Local Client IO #0/INFO] [FML]: Server protocol version 1

[22:33:33] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Client protocol version 1

[22:33:33] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Client attempting to join with 5 mods : [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

[22:33:33] [Netty Local Client IO #0/INFO] [FML]: [Netty Local Client IO #0] Client side modded connection established

[22:33:33] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: [server thread] Server side modded connection established

[22:33:33] [server thread/INFO]: Player490[local:E:26ea92cd] logged in with entity id 139 at (-42.4476285082479, 72.0, 252.7210353814158)

[22:33:34] [server thread/INFO]: Player490 joined the game

[22:33:34] [server thread/INFO]: Saving and pausing game...

[22:33:34] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Beta'/Overworld

[22:33:35] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Beta'/Nether

[22:33:35] [server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Beta'/The End

the think is that

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().

goes into the init() of the principal class not in the item class aceromercenario, and you must create an item of the kind to put it in youritem register(YourItem, metadata, 

that wass my second error i declared it like MercenaryModItems.aceroMercenario

well i have some weirdness whit the look of the ingot but seems more like a design issue.

next i have to resolv Items whit multiTextures.

@Mod.EventHandler

public void init(FMLInitializationEvent event) {

Item acero = MercenaryModItems.aceroMercenario;

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(acero, 0, new ModelResourceLocation("modmercenario:aceromercenario" , "inventory"));

}

While I would not want to backseat mod here:

May you use code-tags next time because that would make it mor readable.

If my post helped you, please press that "Thank You"-button to show your appreciation.

Also if you don't know Java, I would suggest you read the official tutorials by Oracle to get an idea of how to do this. Thanks, and good modding!

Also if you haven't, set up a Git repo for your mod not only for convinience but also to make it easier to help you.