Java 6 and Mac?

TheGreyGhost

You can target java 6 even when developing with JDK 7, or 8.

You should probably recompile for it.

Anyways, minecraft natively targets java 6, only really old macs are locked into java 6, but it can be updated.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I am using the latest java 8 version on my mac and although everyone always told me that minecraft is not compatible with java 8 it works better than 7 or 6.

EDIT: ok, i am not using the latest version. Java just popped up and told me to update. NOW i am using the latest version. Still works great.

Here could be your advertisement!

This only happens on certain Macs, since the Mac MC Launcher ships Java 6 and it forces the user to use it (like Lex said).

So either recompile it targeting v6 or, like I do, point them to this link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/discussion/2247090-tutorial-how-to-use-java-7-on-mac

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Thanks guys.

I recompiled for V6 and a whole stack of code to do with Path needs rewriting, which is just a bit too much work for little return

@SanAndreasP - thx for link.  After a bit more googling to understand it, I found another similar one which goes into a little bit more detail

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/178178/making-minecraft-run-with-java-8-on-os-x-10-10

The second one (from "Teilo") looks simpler...

-TGG