Forge will not load even with Java 7u76.

Revelstoke

I'm using Forge 11.14.1.306 for MC 1.8. I have Java 7u76 installed and selected under "Executable" in the launcher. The launcher closes and then crashes with the following report:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 2 more

I've tried the other suggestions in the forums, but nothing seems to correct this. I've tried the past several versions of Forge for 1.8 with the same results. No mods are currently installed for the game. No mod folder exists, yet. I have created two worlds in regular 1.8 without Forge. Tried the same thing on my desktop computer, with the same results (works flawless in 1.8 but not when loading Forge for 1.8). Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I should be doing that I'm not doing. Anyone know what I should do?

Which launcher are you using?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

What the hell is "Launcher 3.5"? It doesn't sound like the official Mojang Launcher?

Sounds like the Teamextreme launcher...

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Sorry. I'm using 1.16.11. This is the latest official Mojang launcher that I can tell, so I can't figure out why I get this error. Nothing I do changes it. I've tried four different versions of Java and am now using 7u76, which is specified in the launcher profile. If no one has any ideas, I think I'm going to have to abandon my goal of getting Forge operational on our computers.

I downloaded the windows installer right from the Forge download page. I downloaded five different versions (all for Minecraft 8.0), but I get the same message when trying to load any of them. I installed them using the installer downloaded from the Forge site.