Reflection and obfuscation - Not the best friends!

Bedrock_Miner

Hello everyone!

Its me again.. I recently thought about whether its possible to get the obfuscated name for a method or a field at runtime.

This would mean you wouldn't have to write two statements to get the fields "field_71428_T" and "timer" from the class Minecraft.class, but you can just write

getFieldName("timer", Minecraft.class)

and you would automatically have the right field name.

Would this be possible?

There's a way of detecting if you're in a deobf environment (I don't use reflection often enough to be using that method, or remember what it's called) and you can do an

if(obf) { str = "p_1234_0_" } else { str = "theThing" }

and do the reflection with the

str

variable.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Apparently I didnt say clearly what I meant.  ;D

I wanted to know whether there is a method to find out which obfuscated name belongs to a non-obfuscated name in a special class.

For instance, I have a method for this, I insert the class and the unobfuscated name and it returns the obfuscated one.

getObfuscatedName(Minecraft.class, "timer")
    returns: "field_71428_T"

Oh that.  Not that I know of.  All that info is stored in a CSV file:

C:\Users\[username]\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\[forge version]\unpacked\conf

You want fields.csv and methods.csv and be aware that same-name objects in different classes have different obfuscated names.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Basically it would be possible to do the same with a mapping from MCP->SRG. The only problem would be that for some special variables more than one name would be returned. For these variables a special test would be needed which of the names exist in the given class. If you do it right, this method would be as fast as direct reflection.

But anyway, I think this is possible, or do I miss something?

EDIT:

Btw, is there a way to get the csv files for the mapping at runtime in eclipse as well as in the compiled mod somehow without copying them manually? Or do I need to copy them for every minecraft version that has a new mapping?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I have created a custom entity that extends "TamableAnimal", but I am wanting to have it spawn in the ocean. I have it spawning right now, but it spawns way too frequently even with weight set to 1. I am guessing it is because it is rolling in the spawn pool of land animals since TameableAnimal extends Animal and is different than WaterAnimal, and since no land animals spawn in the ocean it just fills every inch up with my custom entity. I have followed basic tutorials for spawning entities with Forge, but I feel like I am missing something about how to change what spawn pool this custom entity ends up in. Is it possible to change that or do I need to refactor it to be based off of WaterAnimal to get those spawn? My biome modifier JSON file: { "type": "forge:add_spawns", "biomes": "#minecraft:is_ocean", "spawners": { "type": "darwinsmysticalmounts:water_wyvern", "weight": 20, "minCount": 1, "maxCount": 1 } } My client event: event.register(ModEntityTypes.WATER_WYVERN.get(), SpawnPlacements.Type.NO_RESTRICTIONS, Heightmap.Types.MOTION_BLOCKING_NO_LEAVES, WaterWyvernEntity::checkWaterWyvernSpawnRules, SpawnPlacementRegisterEvent.Operation.REPLACE); And the actual custom spawn rule that makes it spawn in the water: public static boolean checkWaterWyvernSpawnRules(EntityType<WaterWyvernEntity> pAnimal, LevelAccessor pLevel, MobSpawnType pSpawnType, BlockPos pPos, RandomSource pRandom) { return pPos.getY() > pLevel.getSeaLevel() - 16 && pLevel.getFluidState(pPos.below()).is(FluidTags.WATER); }  
    • Starting today, I am unable to load my modded minecraft world. Forge crash log initially said it was a specific mod called Doggy Talents, which I disabled. Then it blamed JEI, and when that was disabled it blamed another mod so I assume it's something more than a specific mod. Minecraft launcher log claims "Exit Code 1". Nothing had changed since last night when it was working fine Forge Log: https://pastebin.com/S1GiBGVJ Client Log: https://pastebin.com/aLwuGUNL  
    • “Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” This mantra has been my guiding light throughout my life as a military doctor. After years of serving my country, I dedicated myself to healing others and making a positive impact on the lives of my fellow soldiers and their families. My commitment to service extended beyond the battlefield; I was determined to secure a stable future for my own family. With my hard-earned savings, I invested $470,000 in cryptocurrency, believing it would provide the financial foundation we needed. However, one fateful day during a particularly intense deployment, everything changed. While treating a patient amid an attack, my phone slipped from my hands and crashed to the ground. In the chaos, I realized I hadn’t backed up my cryptocurrency wallet recovery phrase, thinking I had plenty of time to do so later. When I attempted to access my funds that night, panic surged through me—I could no longer access my wallet. My dreams of financial security and stability were vanishing right before my eyes. The betrayal I felt was profound. It was as if I had not only failed myself but also my family, who relied on me to provide for them. Each day at the hospital reminded me of my commitment to healing, and now I was left feeling helpless in the face of adversity. I feared losing everything I had worked so hard for, and the emotional toll was unbearable.  In my desperation, I reached out to trusted colleagues and friends. One fellow veteran mentioned TECH CYBER FORCE RECOVERY Tool, a reputable team known for their expertise in recovering lost digital assets. REACH OUT TO THEM WWW.techcyberforcerecovery.info https://wa.me/message/BJPIMH5UTNLKL1 
    • I am using AMD, yes. I downloaded the website's drivers and am still having the issue. I also used the Cleanup Utility just in case. 
    • I can't figure out how to upload it any other way, so I made a google drive link; hopefully that works https://drive.google.com/file/d/165vmAMoLtb55wzwYHh3vBfHlJ-Wrgm_y/view?usp=sharing
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.