[1.8] Latest Windows installer does not place a .jar file

Rudey24

After using the .exe to install the latest Forge (11.14.2.1436) on my Windows 8.1 notebook, there is no .jar file in the usual location (/.minecraft/versions/1.8-Forge11.14.2.1436/). The current recommended version does place the .jar file (11.14.1.1334). I also tried the Windows installer for Forge 11.14.1.1409, it too didn't place the file where I expect it.

Running the game using the default launcher works fine nevertheless. Therefore I'm not sure if this is a bug, perhaps it's intended not to create a jar file?

The reason I'm asking this is because other launchers are now unable to find the .jar file because it does not exist.

Yes, that is not a bug. The vanilla launcher has this feature where you do not actually need a jar file

Yeah that's what I thought

What launcher are you using?

MagicLauncher

you can just reference another one (the old jar file was just a copy of the vanilla one)

I'll try referencing the 1.8.jar in MagicLauncher

So the other launchers need to follow what vanilla does

Agreed.