Forge 1.8.7

Cha0sPudd1ng

When AbrarSyed finishes the things he is doing in FG.

Aside from a few MINOR bugfixes, there really isnt any difference between 1.8 Forge and 1.8.7 Vanilla.

All applicable security issues {and more} are fixed in Forge.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Until AbrarSyed finishes the things he is doing in FG and being there really isn't any difference between 1.8 Forge and 1.8.7 Vanilla (aside from a few MINOR bug fixes). Would it be difficult to make a small modification to the file so it thinks it's a 1.8.7 file? Or even any 1.8.x version (obviously other than 1.8.0).

Until AbrarSyed finishes the things he is doing in FG and being there really isn't any difference between 1.8 Forge and 1.8.7 Vanilla (aside from a few MINOR bug fixes). Would it be difficult to make a small modification to the file so it thinks it's a 1.8.7 file? Or even any 1.8.x version (obviously other than 1.8.0).

why? What do you get for pretending to be 1.8.7?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Thanks for your response diesieben07. I misunderstood the level of complexity of the change, based on the previous comments. Unfortunately I upgraded my server from 1.7.4 to the (at the time) current version of 1.8.1 not realizing that forge was only 1.8. I incorrectly thought modifying forge to the next minor version (1.8.0 - 1.8.1) wouldn't be nearly as difficult as modifying to a major version (1.7 - 1.8). Which caused me to assure my players that forge would be coming soon and to tough it out. This is why I was posing my previous question. Anyhow,  why do you think there is such a lack of mods being developed for forge 1.8?

• 2 weeks later...

When AbrarSyed finishes the things he is doing in FG.

Aside from a few MINOR bugfixes, there really isnt any difference between 1.8 Forge and 1.8.7 Vanilla.

All applicable security issues {and more} are fixed in Forge.

That is simply untrue. A lot of major bugs have been fixed and some major changes have been introduced in the following 1.8.x releases.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Version_history#1.8

A lot has changed, which you can see by clicking on each individual update.

I've been using Forge for a long time; Forge has pushed out all other mod loaders, so there is no alternative but to wait, which is extremely aggravating.

I've been using Forge for a long time; Forge has pushed out all other mod loaders, so there is no alternative but to wait, which is extremely aggravating.

forge did wat??

wat your are saying is BS ,yes modloader is gone but that was a joke.

liteloader and blazeloader are stil in dev

That is simply untrue. A lot of major bugs have been fixed and some major changes have been introduced in the following 1.8.x releases.

I have looked, and speak with the Mojang devs often.

There is nothing really important in the 1.8.3-7 updates that Forge doesn't already provide.

And if you don't want to wait then by all means start updating yourself.

Decobfusicate all the changes mappings for the new MC version.

Address the reflection and generics changes that were introduced.

Deal with the FML/Forge code base Merge.

Remember while doing all of this to maintain as much backwards compatibility as you can.

I was HOPING to have the update done last week so that there would be a week of testing before I went off to minecon. But i've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting on Abrar.

Hes JUST NOW finished {I think?} so I will be looking into STARTING the update process tomorrow. I fly out tuesday morning so there won't be much I can do for tuesday/wednesday.

So, to surmise, either help, or quit bitching. Also I know what i'm talking about when it comes to shit crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have looked, and speak with the Mojang devs often.

There is nothing really important in the 1.8.3-7 updates that Forge doesn't already provide.

And if you don't want to wait then by all means start updating yourself.

Decobfusicate all the changes mappings for the new MC version.

Address the reflection and generics changes that were introduced.

Deal with the FML/Forge code base Merge.

Remember while doing all of this to maintain as much backwards compatibility as you can.

I was HOPING to have the update done last week so that there would be a week of testing before I went off to minecon. But i've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting on Abrar.

Hes JUST NOW finished {I think?} so I will be looking into STARTING the update process tomorrow. I fly out tuesday morning so there won't be much I can do for tuesday/wednesday.

So, to surmise, either help, or quit bitching. Also I know what i'm talking about when it comes to shit crap.

I know it's been a long time since this was posted, but I saw, somewhere, that one of the 1.8.x updates fixed something about the rendering that it's suppose to improve FPS a lot... Is this true? Is it already implemented on forge?

Thanks to all devs for this truly amazing Mod API!