[1.8] Achievement Issue

kreezxil

I've been having an issue with achievements not being remembered between client sessions ever since I started building my 1.8 mod packs.

Are there any actual issues with achievements that I need to be aware of or is it another case of a mod or more arfing them up?

<pray>

prays that it is a known bug and not a mod doing it

</pray>

so that means I have a mod or mods preventing achievements from be stored in the world. During a session, you can progress just fine. Log out of the server and rejoin and you'll start over.

Does that sound like a mod behavior issue?

That could be caused by lots of things. Could be a mod, could also be some misconfiguration or if you are running the server in offline mode (if so, stop).

Wow, just assume the worst on that last bit. I run legit and fully support the Forge team.

Supposing it wasn't a mod, then the misconfiguration could be what? Bad synchronicity of the config files between client and server?

There isn't much we can tell you, this is why we tell you to give us logs, anything without them is speculative.

If world/stats/{uuid}.json exists, the stats reader will read it.

If your UUID changes, then there is something wrong.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Those file exists but the stat reader is apparently ignoring it giving the "You've been installed", "taking inventory", "getting wood" and so and so forth over and over. At least it announces it constantly.

Time sorted output of the stats folder: http://pastebin.com/JXmqw1Nq

It appears to be writing data.

The fml-server-latest log: https://gist.github.com/9c512c5c5dfea317e83b

Humm i could of sworn they printed the uuid when connecting.

You need to find a way to print that out for the users.

or simple test, delete the stats folder, run the game and do the process to repeat.

If you have two files in the stats folder now that is the issue.

Also show us how you are launching the client.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Humm i could of sworn they printed the uuid when connecting.

You need to find a way to print that out for the users.

or simple test, delete the stats folder, run the game and do the process to repeat.

If you have two files in the stats folder now that is the issue.

Also show us how you are launching the client.

The client gets launched with the users choice of MultiMC and Technic Launcher. I test with both and always get the repeating achievements. As I recall from the late last year you said the MultiMC launched things better than Technic as I was seeking Technic support back then. Technic has since resolved their issue with launching 1.8. To both I allocate a minimum of 2G RAM. And those launchers launch the client in the default way as defined for each.

That list of .json files was from the Dedicated server world folder so it represent all of my players.

My server start line:

screen -S "${FORGE}" java -Xmx2G -Dfml.debugClassPatchManager=true -Dfml.debugRegistryEntries=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -jar "${FORGE}.jar" nogui

Just tried the simple test.

Hmm, ok, I might be insane. The only that repeats is "You've been installed" and that probably isn't coming from forge is it. I had thought the rest of the achievement system was broken but it clearly isn't.