[1.7.10]Making textures for a model exported from blender

UntouchedWagons

For the mod I'm working on I used CraftStudio to make the models. CraftStudio works but I find it awkward to use and the viewport too small.  Today I found out I can make models in Sketchup (which I'm familiar and comfortable with), export them as a DAE file, import it into blender then export it as an obj. Making textures for models made in CS is fairly straightforward, there's a panel where you move the blocks' wireframes to set what part of the texture map that that block gets its textures from. But for something made in a proper modeller there'd be triangles and perhaps spheres (like ExUtil's impossible objects). How would those be textured?

I like trains.

Search for tutorials on how to texture models in Blender. Exporting as an .OBJ requires you to have a .MTL file as well, containing all of your materials / meshes. For a triangular model, it's pretty simple in blender, basically you go into UV editing mode, export your UV template, create your textures, create a new mesh, import your texture that you made, and map them to your model. After that, export it and you should be good. I am no expert in Blender or Sketchup by any means - go watch a tutorial. (BTW you can also use pre-made textures and map them to your model, if you have them)

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]