Better than an ore dictionary

Chazwarp923

Ok so as a user of all the big tech mods (ex. Redpower,ic,bc etc.) having the ore dictionary is great as far as being able to use all my coppers and tins and things added by different mods is great, but wouldn't it just be easier to just have one of each? Like have a copper,tin etc. just added by forge itself, it'd save item Ids which is always good and would simplify things for the user (ex. Not having 3 different copper ores in your sorting machine) anyways I'm open to feedback on the idea so comments plz

Well mods could disable an ore that is already added to the ore dictionary, and then use that block for use in ore generation instead of their own, this could help bring everything together, but everyone would have to cooperate to make that happen.

See that's kind what I was thinking

Why doesn't someone just make a mod that adds ores that all mods could use? Otherwise you could just use Universal (Ultimate? U something) Electricity, it adds a few.

See I thought that too but then everyone has to install the mod rather than just have it all done and ready to go, I'm just saying if the ores were built into forge it'd be a whole lot easier, for everyone.

Perhaps what you want then is for a mod to tell forge it wants to use Ore x, then a second mod comes along saying it wants ore x and for forge to say ok you both want x, which of you uses it more, or which of you generates it better. and then for forge to disable one and keep the other?