[1.9.4]Crash in minecraft server

Ironfists

34ozt5t.jpg

Usually I am not rude (I am still not, as of now), but what if I told you that I am writing 3rd post in this thread with SAME content. What do you not understand? Google on how to make proxy, post code, we will fix it if needed.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

so I changed from calling directly

Minecraft.getMinecraft().effectRenderer.addEffect(new EntitySweepAttack2FX(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager(), player.worldObj, player.posX + dd0, player.posY + (double)player.height * 0.5D, player.posZ + dd1, 0, 0, 0));      

, to making a method that simply calls this line but the difference is that I added the @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) annotation, and the error is gone so I guess that's good. Didn't do anything in the proxy though

so I changed from calling directly

Minecraft.getMinecraft().effectRenderer.addEffect(new EntitySweepAttack2FX(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager(), player.worldObj, player.posX + dd0, player.posY + (double)player.height * 0.5D, player.posZ + dd1, 0, 0, 0));      

, to making a method that simply calls this line but the difference is that I added the @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) annotation, and the error is gone so I guess that's good. Didn't do anything in the proxy though

Dude, please don't treat words pouring on your like garbage.

FOCUS

I gave you a link - did you read and understand it? "Performing Side-Specific Operations" in particular?

Then - did you actually googled tutorials on making such proxy? Did you try making it? Did you at least saw how the code look like (tutorials, open sources)?

How are you planning on fixing your stuff if you don't listen to what I/We tell you?

Before you read below, again read the link I gave you!

http://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/sides/#performing-side-specific-operations

If something is made with SideOnly it is ONLY viable to be referenced by other SideOnly thing.

E.g: You can't reference client class from common/server code, in particular - you can't write "Minecraft#whatever" ANYWHERE outside client-only scope. Client-only scope are all other client-only things + mentioned Client Proxy which would be an extension to common proxy.

If you want to reference anything that is reserved for particular side, you need proxy to do it. So instead of referencing given thing from your common code (e.g some Entity class which is common), you make a call to e.g: MyProxy#method(). Say that you want client-only stuff to be referenced - that example "method" will be abstract for common proxy, empty for server proxy (since server should not act upon it), and filled with client-only code on client proxy.

This is precisely what you need to operate on Particles which are CLIENT ONLY.

That said - since referencing scoped things requires you to be in that things scope - it is logical that if you want to extend a sided class (which referencing definition contains) - you also need to mark that class as sided and also reference it via proxy.

Any questions?

Dude, please don't treat words pouring on your like garbage.

FOCUS

I gave you a link - did you read and understand it? "Performing Side-Specific Operations" in particular?

Then - did you actually googled tutorials on making such proxy? Did you try making it? Did you at least saw how the code look like (tutorials, open sources)?

How are you planning on fixing your stuff if you don't listen to what I/We tell you?

Before you read below, again read the link I gave you!

http://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/sides/#performing-side-specific-operations

If something is made with SideOnly it is ONLY viable to be referenced by other SideOnly thing.

E.g: You can't reference client class from common/server code, in particular - you can't write "Minecraft#whatever" ANYWHERE outside client-only scope. Client-only scope are all other client-only things + mentioned Client Proxy which would be an extension to common proxy.

If you want to reference anything that is reserved for particular side, you need proxy to do it. So instead of referencing given thing from your common code (e.g some Entity class which is common), you make a call to e.g: MyProxy#method(). Say that you want client-only stuff to be referenced - that example "method" will be abstract for common proxy, empty for server proxy (since server should not act upon it), and filled with client-only code on client proxy.

This is precisely what you need to operate on Particles which are CLIENT ONLY.

That said - since referencing scoped things requires you to be in that things scope - it is logical that if you want to extend a sided class (which referencing definition contains) - you also need to mark that class as sided and also reference it via proxy.

Any questions?

Oh yeah I have googled a lot things about proxy but I'm more of a "Code until it works and then begin to understand how it actually works" kind of guy, so yeah I got the concept of side specific operations but I won't know how to use it until I see a concrete, functional code example.

Thanks a lot for your patience though I really appreciate it :)

And I don't have any questions left I got what causes the problem

Oh yeah I have googled a lot things about proxy but I'm more of a "Code until it works and then begin to understand how it actually works" kind of guy, so yeah I got the concept of side specific operations but I won't know how to use it until I see a concrete, functional code example.

Thanks a lot for your patience though I really appreciate it :)

And I don't have any questions left I got what causes the problem

Oh yeah I have googled a lot things about proxy but I'm more of a "Code until it works and then begin to understand how it actually works" kind of guy

That is not how programming works.

It especially doesn't work when you take what people tell you and then not do that thing and expect the same results.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Oh yeah I have googled a lot things about proxy but I'm more of a "Code until it works and then begin to understand how it actually works" kind of guy

That is not how programming works.

It especially doesn't work when you take what people tell you and then not do that thing and expect the same results.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.