[Solved] [1.10.2] Creative Tab

Ronaldi2001

no, you call the super method to get the list (dont creat you own, this will crash in multiplayer if you mod is only installed in single player) Then use a comparator to actualy sort them. Look at the javadoc from the java.util.List if you dont know how to use them.

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Yay, Pokémon exception handling, gotta catch 'em all (and then do nothing with 'em).

What super method do you call im confused

"The super method" means the method of the super class that the current method overrides.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Ok the method i refered to dont exists anymore. But maybe you can use displayAllRelevantItems. Overwrite the methode in you own tab. Call first the super method after that all your items will be in the list. and then sort the list.

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Yay, Pokémon exception handling, gotta catch 'em all (and then do nothing with 'em).

where the following happens:

public class GuruItems
{
public static Item AIR_ORB;
public static Item WATER_ORB;
public static Item EARTH_ORB;
public static Item FIRE_ORB;
public static Item NETHER_ORB;
public static Item INVISIBLE_ORB;
public static Item CREATIVE_ORB;

public static void init()
{
	Item item = (new ItemBucket(Blocks.AIR)).setUnlocalizedName("bucket").setMaxStackSize(16);
	AIR_ORB = new ItemAirOrb().setUnlocalizedName("air_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	WATER_ORB = new ItemWaterOrb().setUnlocalizedName("water_orb").setContainerItem(item).setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	EARTH_ORB = new ItemEarthOrb().setUnlocalizedName("earth_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	FIRE_ORB = new ItemFireOrb().setUnlocalizedName("fire_orb").setContainerItem(item).setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	NETHER_ORB = new ItemNetherOrb().setUnlocalizedName("nether_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	INVISIBLE_ORB = new ItemInvisibleOrb().setUnlocalizedName("invisible_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	CREATIVE_ORB = new ItemCreativeOrb().setUnlocalizedName("creative_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
}
public static void register()
{
	GameRegistry.register(AIR_ORB.setRegistryName ("air_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(WATER_ORB.setRegistryName ("water_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(EARTH_ORB.setRegistryName ("earth_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(FIRE_ORB.setRegistryName ("fire_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(NETHER_ORB.setRegistryName ("nether_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(INVISIBLE_ORB.setRegistryName ("invisible_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(CREATIVE_ORB.setRegistryName ("creative_orb"));
}
public static void registerRenders()
{
	registerRender(AIR_ORB);
	registerRender(WATER_ORB);
	registerRender(EARTH_ORB);
	registerRender(FIRE_ORB);
	registerRender(NETHER_ORB);
	registerRender(INVISIBLE_ORB);
	registerRender(CREATIVE_ORB);
}
private static void registerRender(Item item)
{
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":" + item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));
}
}

Re order them in the order you would like. If this helped, give me a smite. (you know you want to)

where the following happens:

public class GuruItems
{
public static Item AIR_ORB;
public static Item WATER_ORB;
public static Item EARTH_ORB;
public static Item FIRE_ORB;
public static Item NETHER_ORB;
public static Item INVISIBLE_ORB;
public static Item CREATIVE_ORB;

public static void init()
{
	Item item = (new ItemBucket(Blocks.AIR)).setUnlocalizedName("bucket").setMaxStackSize(16);
	AIR_ORB = new ItemAirOrb().setUnlocalizedName("air_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	WATER_ORB = new ItemWaterOrb().setUnlocalizedName("water_orb").setContainerItem(item).setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	EARTH_ORB = new ItemEarthOrb().setUnlocalizedName("earth_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	FIRE_ORB = new ItemFireOrb().setUnlocalizedName("fire_orb").setContainerItem(item).setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	NETHER_ORB = new ItemNetherOrb().setUnlocalizedName("nether_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	INVISIBLE_ORB = new ItemInvisibleOrb().setUnlocalizedName("invisible_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
	CREATIVE_ORB = new ItemCreativeOrb().setUnlocalizedName("creative_orb").setMaxStackSize(64).setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTabs.the_basic_elements);
}
public static void register()
{
	GameRegistry.register(AIR_ORB.setRegistryName ("air_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(WATER_ORB.setRegistryName ("water_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(EARTH_ORB.setRegistryName ("earth_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(FIRE_ORB.setRegistryName ("fire_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(NETHER_ORB.setRegistryName ("nether_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(INVISIBLE_ORB.setRegistryName ("invisible_orb"));
	GameRegistry.register(CREATIVE_ORB.setRegistryName ("creative_orb"));
}
public static void registerRenders()
{
	registerRender(AIR_ORB);
	registerRender(WATER_ORB);
	registerRender(EARTH_ORB);
	registerRender(FIRE_ORB);
	registerRender(NETHER_ORB);
	registerRender(INVISIBLE_ORB);
	registerRender(CREATIVE_ORB);
}
private static void registerRender(Item item)
{
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":" + item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));
}
}

Re order them in the order you would like. If this helped, give me a smite. (you know you want to)

What he should reorder would be the registry order, but doing it in the list would be better(less work).

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Did you make sure to add the:

?

Why should he add an useles empty bucket ?!

catch(Exception e)

{

}

I started a new world and now all my items in all my tabs are in the order that I want. Thank you all!

Screw you pal.

First of all you only said to put them in order you werent the one who said to start a new world

I blame this guy.