1.10.2 Working With A friend

NoVaGaming

Hello im trying to work on a mod with the eclipse IDE with my friend but we cant find something that works where we can code together like in google docs. Thanks

There is not anything like that to my knowledge the best you could do is link it to something like github and use that to share code.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

We tried GIT, it deleted our mod files, we cant no more use the mod file.

But, we're very lucky, I harrased him to send me the whole thing yesterday night, so we still have a "backup" of yesterday's work

All that to say that GIT isnt working, and it's pretty ~~~~~~ to use teamviewer to write code in someone's else computer lul

You should use git, but I recommend that you use it with SourceTree which gives a graphical interface so it is a lot easier to understand what you're doing and so you won't accidentally wreck your code with powerful git commands.

I have a tutorial on using git and SourceTree for modding here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-publishing-to-github.html

Note that even with source control like git, if both of you work on the same class files at the same time it can be tricky to merge. So I suggest you divide up the work so you're working on different areas, and also make sure each of you checks in your work very frequently so you don't end up with large, complicated merge later on.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

We tried GIT, it deleted our mod files, we cant no more use the mod file.

One of you did something terribly terribly wrong for that to occur.  That is in no way git's fault.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

One of you did something terribly terribly wrong for that to occur.  That is in no way git's fault.

Well, you have to admit that git is dangerous in the hands of people just getting started with it because it has power to change a lot of files in one action. That is why I suggest using SourceTree since it give a graphical picture of what is going on (like your branches, head, etc.) to help people understand what's really going on.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/