Ok so here is your first problem

/assets/test

2 folders

NOT

assets.test

1 folder with extension

your package is incorrect

I see this problem a few other places

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

/assets/test

2 folders

NOT

assets.test

1 folder with extension

But from what I've experienced with IntelliJ, it'll combine packages unless there's a file there. So for instance, unless there's a file in assets (assets.File), the structure won't be assets/test/etc, it'll be "compressed" into assets.test. Let me mess around with it and see if I can figure it out

Yeah looks like is messing up your structure. Might work for Java but not for Minecraft. You need to make those folders manually and then import the package manually somehow.

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.

/assets/test

2 folders

NOT

assets.test

1 folder with extension

Wait wait wait. That worked... I don't understand how assets.test.etc is different from assets/test/etc, especially if IntelliJ auto-formats it so. But with a bit of janky work, I get it to the latter setup. Now I just need to fix the lang file and we're good to go. Wow that was so much harder than it had to be xD

https://github.com/Jimmeh94/TestMod/tree/master/src/main/resources/assets.test

assets.test 1 folder

in mine

https://github.com/trollworkout/technorcery/tree/master/src/main/resources/assets/technorcery

assets/technorcery 2 folders (github compresses them if they are empty but you can tell they are folders cause they have  / between and gray

I notice this problem with your model.block and model.item and a bunch of other places. ALL those NEED to be folders in other for Forge to work properly.

https://github.com/Jimmeh94/TestMod/tree/master/src/main/resources/assets.test

assets.test 1 folder

in mine

https://github.com/trollworkout/technorcery/tree/master/src/main/resources/assets/technorcery

assets/technorcery 2 folders (github compresses them if they are empty but you can tell they are folders cause they have  / between and gray

I notice this problem with your model.block and model.item and a bunch of other places. ALL those NEED to be folders in other for Forge to work properly.

Okay, awesome. I'm glad to know that the problem I've been beating my head on my wall over for the past day have just been folder structures. haha. I appreciate all the help. I'm sure I'll be back on here in the next couple days when I hit the next speed bump in the YouTube tutorials.

Is different because you are dealing with folder structure not java packages. You're thinking in Java packages. You need to have those folder structure intact exactly like I have them because Forge reads from those specific folders. If it can't find it won't work. You cannot tell forge to read from other folders it will only read those folders.

*booooo upload to github, upload to github booooo*

xD Literally just did. haha. Have fun .-. https://github.com/Jimmeh94/TestMod

2 things, #1 i have created a pull request check out what i changed, #2 you made a very silly mistake with your resource folders, https://gyazo.com/7b4c4f63e490ad6b307c72dd448a090a

it isnt supposed to be assets.test, its supposed to be a folder named assets, and another folder in that named test.

*booooo upload to github, upload to github booooo*

xD Literally just did. haha. Have fun .-. https://github.com/Jimmeh94/TestMod

2 things, #1 i have created a pull request check out what i changed, #2 you made a very silly mistake with your resource folders, https://gyazo.com/7b4c4f63e490ad6b307c72dd448a090a

it isnt supposed to be assets.test, its supposed to be a folder named assets, and another folder in that named test.

I appreciate it! We just figured it out too. haha. I was reading the folder structure like java packages, thinking assets.test = assets/test. I appreciate all the time you gave me this evening. I know this wasn't too riveting of a problem to solve xD

Is different because you are dealing with folder structure not java packages. You're thinking in Java packages. You need to have those folder structure intact exactly like I have them because Forge reads from those specific folders. If it can't find it won't work. You cannot tell forge to read from other folders it will only read those folders.

That makes complete sense to me now. Thanks for all your help bud!

Based on what I read is looking for a blockstate. That means your item is actually a block.

For items make sure you use "inventory" on the model loader.

For blocks use "variants" "normal" or "multipart" + make sure you got a blockstate for each block in addition to models

Actually that means it couldnt find an Itemmodel.json and started looking for a blockstate because yes they can have those.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Based on what I read is looking for a blockstate. That means your item is actually a block.

For blocks use "variants" "normal" or "multipart" + make sure you got a blockstate for each block in addition to models

Actually that means it couldnt find an Itemmodel.json and started looking for a blockstate because yes they can have those.

I didn't know that, thanks. So items can have blockstates too?

I didn't know that, thanks. So items can have blockstates too?

Yes. I have a description of the model loading process here, which explains this in more detail.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.