[1.10.2 | 1.11.2] [SOLVED] Custom GUI

Bektor

You need a container for the players inventory.

Ok, thx. Now I'm only left with the problem that I've got some variables in the tile entity which are also saved to nbt data, but my GUI shows always 0.

some parts of the GUI:

[...]
private final TileEntitySolarPanel panel;

public GuiSolarPanel(InventoryPlayer playerInv, TileEntitySolarPanel panel) {
	super(new ContainerSolarPanel(playerInv, panel));
	this.playerInv = playerInv;
	this.panel = panel;
}
[...]
int stored = this.panel.container.getEnergyStored();

some parts of the TileEntity:

public class TileEntitySolarPanel extends TileEntity implements ITickable {

public final BaseMPContainer container;

public TileEntitySolarPanel() {
	this.container = new BaseMPContainer();
}

@Override
public void update() {
[...]
}

@Override
public void readFromNBT(NBTTagCompound compound) {
	super.readFromNBT(compound);
	this.container.setEnergyStored(compound.getInteger("StoredJAE"));
}

@Override
public NBTTagCompound writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound compound) {
	compound.setInteger("StoredJAE", this.container.getEnergyStored());
	return super.writeToNBT(compound);
}

@Override
public SPacketUpdateTileEntity getUpdatePacket() {
	return super.getUpdatePacket();
}

@Override
public void onDataPacket(NetworkManager net, SPacketUpdateTileEntity pkt) {
	super.onDataPacket(net, pkt);
	this.readFromNBT(pkt.getNbtCompound());
}

GuiHandler:

[...]
@Override
public Object getServerGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
	switch (ID) {
		case GUI_ID_SOLAR_PANEL:
			return new ContainerSolarPanel(player.inventory, (TileEntitySolarPanel) world.getTileEntity(new BlockPos(x, y, z)));
	}

return null;
}

@Override
public Object getClientGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
	switch (ID) {
		case GUI_ID_SOLAR_PANEL:
			return new GuiSolarPanel(player.inventory, (TileEntitySolarPanel) world.getTileEntity(new BlockPos(x, y, z)));
	}
	return null;
}

Container:

public class ContainerSolarPanel extends Container {

private TileEntitySolarPanel panel;

public ContainerSolarPanel(InventoryPlayer playerInv, TileEntitySolarPanel panel) {
	this.panel = panel;

for(int y = 0; y < 3; ++y)
		for(int x = 0; x < 9; ++x)
			this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, x + y * 9 + 9, 8 + x * 18, 84 + y * 18));

for(int x = 0; x < 9; ++x)
		this.addSlotToContainer(new Slot(playerInv, x, 8 + x * 18, 142));
}

@Override
public boolean canInteractWith(EntityPlayer playerIn) {
	return this.panel.isUsableByPlayer(playerIn);
}
}

Any ideas how to fix this?

Developer of Primeval Forest.

You need to sync it to the client, if it can be converted to a number then look at ContainerFurnace. Other wise you need to use packets.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You need to sync it to the client, if it can be converted to a number then look at ContainerFurnace. Other wise you need to use packets.

It's actually a number from a class which is somehow connected to some capability. ;) (Energy stuff)

So I implemented now this method here, but it does still not work...

@Override
public void detectAndSendChanges() {
	super.detectAndSendChanges();

for(int i = 0; i < this.listeners.size(); i++) {
		IContainerListener listener = (IContainerListener) this.listeners.get(i);

if(this.energyStored != this.panel.container.getEnergyStored())
			listener.sendProgressBarUpdate(this, this.energyStored, this.panel.container.getEnergyStored());
	}

this.energyStored = this.panel.container.getEnergyStored();
}

You also need to override another method that has a similar name to sendProgressBarUpdate.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

You also need to override another method that has a similar name to sendProgressBarUpdate.

Well, I would guess updateProgressBar, but this would be a new method, because it does not exists in the default Container class and is also not overriden in Furnace (there it is created). But this method seems also to be just there, but not used... atleast in TileEntityFurnace and in the GUI and in the Container itself, eclipse couldn't find any place where it's called.

It does override updateProgressBar and it does exist in Container. ContainerFurnace just doesn't have the @Override over it.

Well, I would guess updateProgressBar, but this would be a new method, because it does not exists in the default Container class and is also not overriden in Furnace (there it is created). But this method seems also to be just there, but not used... atleast in TileEntityFurnace and in the GUI and in the Container itself, eclipse couldn't find any place where it's called.

It does override updateProgressBar and it does exist in Container. ContainerFurnace just doesn't have the @Override over it.

Yeah, just noticed now. ^^ That's why I always use @Override !

But what to put in there? I don't have a method setField and getField, cause I've got only one variable there

EDIT: Ok, found it out. Works now. Just one last question: How to change the size of text for a Gui? Because currently the complete text has the same size, but I want it to have different sizes. And in drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer these two lines seem to get different results then in drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer which causes that the text is placed correct, but when you resize the window, the text is drawn on the wrong location while everything in drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer works fine.

int guiStartX = (this.width - this.getXSize()) / 2;
	int guiStartY = (this.height - this.getYSize()) / 2;

EDIT 2: Ok, seems like drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer uses other coordinates as drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer and fixed the other stuff now also with looking more indeph into setField and getField from the Vanilla Furnace.