[HELP] Positioning text above hotbar

Bets

Hi guys!

I'm trying to display text at the center of the screen above the hotbar by using ingameGUI.drawCenteredString.

I managed to get the horizontal center of the screen by:

mc.displayWidth / 4

It does the job pretty well.

Now, I am trying to position it vertically a little bit above the hotbar. The problem is it always moves when I change the resolution of the screen, this is what I tried doing:

mc.displayHeight - 100

This is just an example, it actually is not in the screen when I do this, but you get it.

So do any of you guys know how can I make it position itself exactly above the hotbar? I'll appreciate it very much :)

Edited by Bets

Dividing by 4 to get to the middle? Sounds a bit weird to me.

Show the code where you try to do this.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

1 hour ago, larsgerrits said:

Dividing by 4 to get to the middle? Sounds a bit weird to me.

Show the code where you try to do this.

That's how you get the horizontal center, it works fine. I need the vertical position that doesn't work because it always changes :(

mc.ingameGUI.drawCenteredString(mc.fontRendererObj, context, mc.displayWidth / 4, mc.displayHeight - 400, 0xFFFFFF);

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

That's not how you center something. First of all you need to calculate the scaled display size using ScaledResolution. Then to center something you do (screenSize - thingSize) / 2 (works for both horizontal and vertical).

The centering works, I want to position the text above the hotbar, like where the food levels and hp are

4 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Then you start at the bottom (screen height) and subtract the height of the food bar.

This what I did, as mentioned before:

mc.displayHeight - 100

Doesn' work. when I change the screen size vertically it moves the text down for some weird reason.

ScaledResolution has a constructor taking a Minecraft parameter. You can use it to create your own.

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

5 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

ScaledResolution has a constructor taking a Minecraft parameter. You can use it to create your own.

Make a new instance of ScaledResolution, get the scaled width/height and use that as the screen size.

How about you show what you tried and extrapolate on "it isn't working."

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

11 hours ago, TheSunCat said:

Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();
ScaledResolution sr = new ScaledResolution(mc);

By the way, is there a syntax highlighting option for Java? This is a forum based on MC Forge, the "Code" insertion should have a Java syntax highlight...

I did this. but when I type for example ScaledResolution. (and than ctrl+space) it gives me nothing to work with for some reason

EDIT: Nvm I got it to work now, thanks!

Edited by Bets