Why does forge allow the creating of coremods when everyone discourages it?

HashtagShell

What is the point of this feature when you tell people not to use it, because there is no reason to and you don't support coremods, when very popular mods like Thaumcraft, EnderCore, Inventory Tweaks, Resource Loader, or NotEnoughItems are in fact coremods. I am sure they have a good reason to be coremods, so why are coremods such a taboo in this community?

ASM is not a Forge thing, it's a Java thing.

Also, don't reopen locked topics.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

If Forge decided to remove the ClassTransformer, using ASM would get a lot harder. Thus, Forge is implementing a thing that helps to ASM, thus, Forge encourages ASM.

A person closing a topic just after their reply is like smashing the door closed in your face when you are about to say something.

The Forge wrapper *is* a core mod. In fact, it is a general-purpose core mod that mods the core so you don't have to. Like other core mods, it is prone to conflicts with other mods that try to mangle the vanilla Java. Imagine coding a hook for an event only to have the vanilla class replaced by another mod that never calls your hook...

Because it is general-purpose, it tends to conflict with anything and everything that tries to mod the core. Therefore, it does not guarantee interoperability with other core mods, and even warns that installing other core mods is probably a Bad Thing (i.e. leads to unpredictable results up to and including infinite loops that can eat all your memory and crash your OS with total loss of unsaved work).

Clear?

• Like 1

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Do not create coremods, if you have to ask why the system exists then you have shown proof that you do not know enough about it to use it.

Forge actively DISCOURAGES modders from creating coremods. You should not do it, current mods should not do it. 99% of the people who are doing it today are doing it wrong and shouldn't be doing it.

End Of Story.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon