[1.8] Explosion when placing a block

AforgeUser

Because 1.7.10 isn't supported by forge anymore, I'm trying to make my block in 1.8 .

So, what ever the big difference is, I still havent found a way to do this right.

I just want to make a block that explodes instantly when you place it.

Help would be very appreciated because this is my first mod and I just know the basics about forge.

thanks!

I just completely lost...

After trying for hours I've found no way to bring that to work.

This is what I've got, and I know this doesn't work because my game crashes any time when i place the block :)

@Override
        public int onBlockPlaced(World world, final int x, final int y, final int z, final int p_149660_5_, final float hitX, final float hitY, final float hitZ, final int metadata) {
            return  world.createExplosion(null, 9D, 9D, 9D, 9F);
        }
}

I just don't know what I have to fill in into this auto comleteted thing that comes up...

Thanks...

By the way: If you find mystakes like grammarmystakes or spellingmystakes... I'm german, my english is not the best!

I searched the internet for onBlockPlaced.

I found an forum post about it and I thought there is no difference to between 1.7 and 1.8.

So I did it like the guy who posted this :

Would it work in 1.7.10? And how...

And I would prefer to use 1.7.10 because I'm trying to make a mod for an modpack that is still in 1.7.10.

Because 1.7.10 is not supported anymore I have to recreate the modpack in 1.8...

8 hours ago, AforgeUser said:

return  world.createExplosion(null, 9D, 9D, 9D, 9F);

25810.jpg

World#createExplosion returns an Explosion object. You can't use that as the return value for a method that returns an integer.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.