FML try to load mod out of .minecraft

peyo56

Hello, I am creating a tool that permit to user to have multiples version of minecraft

My program use a folder ".mcm"  next to ".minecraft", I am currently on linux

in this directory I have two main directory : "content" and "version"

In the content folder, there is a content cache, including mods, texturepack and worlds

In the version folder, there is somes folder that corespond to minecraft version

In each of these, there is a .minecraft folder.

My program simply redirect the "home" or "appdata" folder.

When I install FML, it try to loads mods in the content folder and in other versions folders ...

This is the current command line for minecraft :

java -Duser.home=/home/user/.mcm/version/test -cp /home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar:/home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar:/home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar:/home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/bin/jinput.jar: -Djava.library.path=/home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/bin/natives net.minecraft.client.Minecraft <username> <sessionID> -Xmx1024M -Xms512M

This is the complete log :

27 achievements
182 recipes
LWJGL Version: 2.8.4
27 juin 2012 22:12:21 cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler beginLoading
INFO: Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization
27 juin 2012 22:12:21 cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler beginLoading
INFO: Completed early MinecraftForge initialization
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [iNFO] Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.78.153 for Minecraft 1.2.5 loading
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_CCGPU.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/Stuff/Computercraft/CCGPU
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_CCGPU.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_CCInput.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/Stuff/Computercraft/CCInput_07
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_CCInput.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_ccSpeaker.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/Stuff/Computercraft/ccSpeaker
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_ccSpeaker.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_CCTurtle.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/temp/ComputerCraft
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_CCTurtle.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_ComputerCraft.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/temp/ComputerCraft
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_ComputerCraft.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_CCAdvancedResourceProcessing.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/mods/temp/aip
2012-06-27 22:12:21 [sEVERE] File mod_CCAdvancedResourceProcessing.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class mod_PortalGun.class in /home/utilisateur/.mcm/version/old/.minecraft/mods/portalgun
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [sEVERE] File mod_PortalGun.class failed to read properly
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [iNFO] Loading mods from /home/utilisateur/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft/mods
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [iNFO] Directory WorldEditCUI contained no mods
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [sEVERE] A problem has occured during mod loading. Likely a corrupt jar is located in your mods directory
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:474)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:463)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:385)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)
... 12 more
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [sEVERE] A critical error has occurred.
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:474)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:385)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: version/old//minecraft/mods/portalgun/mod_PortalGun
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)
... 12 more
2012-06-27 22:12:22 [sEVERE] 2 mods loaded
Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.153
FML v2.2.78.153
Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.78.153 for Minecraft 1.2.5
mod_MinecraftForge : Loaded (minecraft.jar)
mod_CodeChickenCore : Loaded (minecraft.jar)

So there is 2 solutions, I use an incorrect command line or there is a mistake in FML

FML uses Minecraft.getMCDir to determine the home directory of Minecraft.

So either you're doing it wrong, or MC itself isn't liking how you're doing things.

It is fairly simple to change what this function returns, by setting 1 static field in Minecraft to the new home path.

I suggest you go that route instead of changing the system variables.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

The main problem is that for doing that I need to make a mod, I don't wan't to make any mods for that, simply because if any other mod change my modded class, it will serve nothing ... and because i need to update the mod for all versions, including snapshot versions, custom server launcher and very very old version.

Before I installed FML, all mods worked fine, found the mods and files in the good place.

The problem must be in FML, or I have forget one option ...

( Before I make this version, my program clean and copy the minecraft versions in the .minecraft, waiting between 2 and 5 minutes for starting minecraft is not a very good solution ..., and I have more that 20 versions of minecraft,  )

EDIT : If it determine the folder with Minecraft.getMCDir, why it don't looks in my "/home/user/.mcm/version/test/.minecraft" or "/home/user/.minecraft" instead of "/home/user/.mcm" ?

Thanks for MultiMCLauncher, I think I will use that i my launcher for a long time ...

Just for the "end", all mods I have installed before were running right, the right folder, since the Minecraft.getMCDir method is highly based on the user.home folder except for Windows ( which use appdata folder ) why changing it to a right place cause problem