Major Config Issues

OrangeVillager61

I've always had issues with Config files that don't give any value at all. When I formerly used a boolean system, all times I did config.variable == True or config.varaible == False it doesn't do anything. When I switched to ints also tend to fail if checks as well such as Config.variable == 1 even if it is set to 1 in the config system.

I know my config file is supposed to be a boolean system and not 0 or 1 but the boolean system doesn't work at all with the problems mentioned above.

public class Config {
	public static double VilPerDoor;
	public static int MateAgain;
	public static int twins;
	public static int enableDrops;
	public static int enableVillages;
	public static int VillageDistance;
	public static int overwriteOriginalVillagers;
	public static int enableIvTexture;

public final static Config instance = new Config();

public void load(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
	{
	Configuration config = new Configuration(event.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());
	config.load();
	twins = config.getInt("Twin Chance", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 3, 0, 100, "Set this to the chance for the villagers to have twins. Set to 0 if you want to disable this.");
	VilPerDoor = config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "Villagers per Door", 1.0, "Set this to the number of villagers per door. Unmodded: 0.35(almost 3 doors for one villager), Mod Default: 1.0 (one door per villager)").getDouble(1.0);
	enableIvTexture = config.getInt("Enable Iv Texture", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "Set this to 1 to enable this mod's villager texture, disable this if you don't like this mod's textures or you want resource packs to work with this mod's villagers.");
	MateAgain = config.getInt("Mate Again", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "Set this to 1 if you want a chance(1/3) that villagers to be willing to mate again after mating.");
	enableDrops = config.getInt("Enable Villager Drops", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, villager drops will be enabled.");
	overwriteOriginalVillagers = config.getInt("Override Original Villagers?", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, then villagers will be overridden by the mod.");
	enableVillages = config.getInt("Enable Villages", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, this mod's villages will be enabled. Should fix village incompatibilities with other mods");
	VillageDistance = config.getInt("Village Distance", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 24, 2, 1024, "For each of this number of blocks, a village will try to spawn, Unmodded:32. This is will not do anything if Enable Villages is set to 1");
	if (config.hasChanged())
	{
		config.save();
	}
	}
}

Where it is loaded by the main class.

@EventHandler
	public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent e) {
	   proxy.preInit(e);
	   Config.instance.load(e);
	}

@EventHandler
	public void init(FMLInitializationEvent e) {
	    proxy.init(e);
	}

@EventHandler
	public void postInit(FMLPostInitializationEvent e) {
	    proxy.postInit(e);
	}

Edited by OrangeVillager61

Well, none of your config options are booleans, they're all integers.

if(1 == True) //is false, assuming it even compiles

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

19 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Well, none of your config options are booleans, they're all integers.

if(1 == True) //is false, assuming it even compiles

I meant the boolean checks were part of the original config file before I changed it to an int based system. The current system is this:

if (Config.enableVillages == 1)

The boolean check in the first is an example of the former system that didn't save before I switched to an int based system that didn't save either.

I edited the first post to clarify this.

Doing a println in my client and common proxy has shown that MC always does my ints as 0.

[09:57:03] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ForgeVersionCheck]: [forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
[09:57:04] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ForgeVersionCheck]: [forge] Found status: OUTDATED Target: 13.20.0.2296
		System.out.println(Config.enableDrops);

Even though my config file is set to 1.

# If this is set to 1, villager drops will be enabled. [range: 0 ~ 1, default: 1]
    I:"Enable Villager Drops"=1

# If this is set to 1, this mod's villages will be enabled. Should fix village incompatibilities with other mods [range: 0 ~ 1, default: 1]
    I:"Enable Villages"=1
public class Config {
	public static double VilPerDoor;
	public static int MateAgain;
	public static int twins;
	public static int enableDrops;
	public static int enableVillages;
	public static int VillageDistance;
	public static int overwriteOriginalVillagers;
	public static int enableIvTexture;

public final static Config instance = new Config();

public void load(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
	{
	Configuration config = new Configuration(event.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());
	config.load();
	twins = config.getInt("Twin Chance", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 3, 0, 100, "Set this to the chance for the villagers to have twins. Set to 0 if you want to disable this.");
	VilPerDoor = config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "Villagers per Door", 1.0, "Set this to the number of villagers per door. Unmodded: 0.35(almost 3 doors for one villager), Mod Default: 1.0 (one door per villager)").getDouble(1.0);
	enableIvTexture = config.getInt("Enable Iv Texture", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "Set this to 1 to enable this mod's villager texture, disable this if you don't like this mod's textures or you want resource packs to work with this mod's villagers.");
	MateAgain = config.getInt("Mate Again", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "Set this to 1 if you want a chance(1/3) that villagers to be willing to mate again after mating.");
	enableDrops = config.getInt("Enable Villager Drops", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, villager drops will be enabled.");
	overwriteOriginalVillagers = config.getInt("Override Original Villagers?", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, then villagers will be overridden by the mod.");
	enableVillages = config.getInt("Enable Villages", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 1, 0, 1, "If this is set to 1, this mod's villages will be enabled. Should fix village incompatibilities with other mods");
	VillageDistance = config.getInt("Village Distance", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, 24, 2, 1024, "For each of this number of blocks, a village will try to spawn, Unmodded:32. This is will not do anything if Enable Villages is set to 1");
	if (config.hasChanged())
	{
		config.save();
	}
	}
}

And yet it is extremely random if something is enabled or not.