[1.11.2] Help with custom TNT

funsize888

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there anything in the console? And just to clarify the only problem is with the item? If so show where you register the model in code.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 minute ago, Animefan8888 said:

Is there anything in the console? And just to clarify the only problem is with the item? If so show where you register the model in code.

Nothing in the console, here is the riegister:

ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(new ResourceLocation(MyMod.MODID, block.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)), "inventory"));

Instead of using 'modid', block.getUnlocalizedName().substring just use block.getRegistryName() which should be lower case anyways.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

4 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Instead of using 'modid', block.getUnlocalizedName().substring just use block.getRegistryName() which should be lower case anyways.

I get the error: The constructor ResourceLocation(ResourceLocation, String) is undefined. I have: ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(new ResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));

block.getRegistryName returns a ResourceLocation so you don't do new ResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName)

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

block.getRegistryName returns a ResourceLocation so you don't do new ResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName)

So this?: ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation((block.getRegistryName()), "inventory"));

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

That works, but why are there parenthesis around the block.getRegistryName() (Uneeded)

like this?: ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));

Yes, the other one would have worked just as well, but the parenthesis did not need to be there. How much experience do you have with Java?

1 minute ago, Kokkie said:

You are using Item.getItemFromBlock(block) but you should use new ItemBlock(block)...

No that is wrong. Using new ItemBlock(block) would use an unregistered Item and the real Item would have a model.

43 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Where are you calling ModelLoader.set...?

under registerRender

public static void registerRender(Block block){

ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));

}

}

which I call under ClientProxy

Edited by funsize888