[1.12.2] Rendering custom tree logs

Dizzlepop12

I have a pretty strange issue with rendering custom logs for my mod. I didn't have the logs orientable in the older versions of the mod because it's pretty tricky stuff to be honest, but I have it working for the most part in 1.12.2. One problem, however, is that there is no breaking sound or breaking particles for the block, which is really strange to me. When you break it, it basically just disappears. The second problem is that the block isn't rendering its texture at all, even though it renders without the log orientation. All help is appreciated.

Log class: https://github.com/TheSlayerMC/Journey-1.12/blob/c09bdcb75a365e932535d1ec824ae75c5a0ebc3d/main/java/net/slayer/api/block/BlockModLog.java

• 1 year later...
Just now, Cornpop said:

Does anyone have a tutorial for custom logs or log-like blocks?  Because I can’t find anything helpful and I can’t figure it out myself

You should start your own thread instead of posting on one that's really old. :)

The best reference I would say for this would be to just look at the vanilla oak logs to start, and then mimic those for your own.

This is my first mod and I can’t seem to find the area where the vanilla code is stored. I thought it was under libraries but it’s not there and every time I open a version file with 7zip it comes up with a wierd string of letters

2 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

This is my first mod and I can’t seem to find the area where the vanilla code is stored. I thought it was under libraries but it’s not there and every time I open a version file with 7zip it comes up with a wierd string of letters

Start a new thread. Also, 1.12 is no longer supported, so you will need to update to a modern version to receive support.