Ore Variant Textures Not Working Properly

Viking 2481

At the moment, I'm trying to make ore generation in my mod, and when I finished half of it to test if they render in game, they work except when they are placed on the ground. I have tried recreating all of their json files, but no matter what they do not work. In the inventory and in hand the textures work properly however, just not on the ground for a reason I cannot find out by myself.

GitHub (ignore the resources folder not being under java):

https://github.com/Viking2481/2481Mod

Stop using IHasModel. All items have models. All of them. Yes, ALL of them. And they all need the same registration code for the most part and none of the information required to register a model is private.

Stop uisng BlockBase. There's already a "base" block class, its called Block. Using a super class to avoid repeating yourself is not what the class hierarchy is for. You want to stay DRY? Do things right and put the code that registers your models inside the ModelRegistryEvent and stop using IHasModel.

Get rid of the need for IMetaName. With 1.13 around the corner you shouldn't be using metadata to define completely different blocks (aka The Flattening), so there's no reason to go around doing that now, there's no longer a (functionally relevant) block limit any more, as everything is referenced by the registry name (a string).

Anyway, this is how I registered blocks that had variant states:

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/1.12.1/src/main/java/com/draco18s/hardlib/client/ClientEasyRegistry.java#L63

(or the version on L75 if you have a custom state mapper)

I didn't bother constructing the variant string manually (like you're doing), but used the exact same method calls that the game uses.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Most of code is based off of tutorials I am watching cause I am still learning how to Mod. I have experience but there are still somethings I need to learn so I watch tutorials because I know that Java is very specific and one very very small typo can break the entire mod (yes, this has happened to me a lot already). I understand that I might be using the same tag over and over again, but that is not my problem. My in game textures are not working properly. They work in my inventory, and in my hand, but they do not work when they are placed in the world. Do you see where the problem lies? I do not care if my code is not completely proper, my only concern is why they textures are not rendering

I uploaded pictures to the GitHub for you if you still do not understand my issue

Edited by Viking 2481
typo

17 minutes ago, Viking 2481 said:

Java is very specific and one very very small typo can break the entire mod

At least Java lets you know about it if you write your code properly, many other languages (like JavaScript) don’t. 

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)