Forge Mods Not Showing Up in Minecraft

kitcat021

Okay, so, to start this off - I'm new here and I don't really know what I'm doing exactly (on this forum and with forge stuff) but I did read the rules so hopefully I'm doing all this right! I've been playing Minecraft for a really long time, and recently I've gotten into using mods. I was able to make the 12.something version of forge work, but I seem to have run into a problem with the 1.13.2 version

Basically, whenever I put any mod(s) into the "mod" folder forge created, they do not appear in the game. It always says "One mod loaded." That mod is always forge. I added a picture of my main screen where it says "1 mod loaded" and of my mods list where only forge is there. All of the mods I downloaded were the latest edition, and I figured maybe like a few wouldn't work, but none of them work...I don't get it. Here's a list of all the mods I downloaded + I'll add 2 pictures of the mods (I blurred out my IRL name) and explain something else weird going on: "Advanced Chimneys, BiblioCraft, BiomesOPlenty, Culinary Construct, Dynamic Surroundings, Dynamic Trees, DynamicTreesBOP, Fairy Lights, Forge Endertech, OptiFine, Pam's HarvestCraft, Rustic, Stellar Sky, Streams, Tea Story, World Edit for Forge, and Xaeros World Map." That's the list of all the mods I've downloaded, and the version should be in the images.

Now, if you look at the pictures, you'll see something that I find weird: I'm in the mod folder in .minecraft, but inside the mod folder (that Forge itself created when I installed it) is another mod folder, a "config" folder, a "logs" folder, a "resourcepacks" folder, and a "saves" folder... now, tbh sometime last month I tried this and found that forge wasn't working - turns out I only downloaded it and didn't install it, oops. Anyways, so because of that, I deleted that forge and tried again this time actually installing. I accidentally put Forge in the .minecraft mods folder itself, and it did that exact same thing. I tried to take the extra folders out but they just kept coming back, over and over again. I don't understand if those folders are messing something up, or what... please help me out, I just really want to play modded Minecraft again. 

Below I'll also add some pictures of what's all in my .minecraft in case that helps too.

Thank you! (also, just a warning, I'm pretty stupid when it comes to all computer and Forge stuff if you couldn't tell despite me being in that "tech" age, so if you could kind of explain things in steps or dumbed down terms that would help...)

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Edited by kitcat021

Just now, diesieben07 said:

The "Download latest file" is pretty stupid, in my honest opinion.

Go to the "Files" tab and pick the latest version for the version of Minecraft you are using.

Okay, thank you! Yeah I'm kind of going and looking and I guess most of the mods I want to use are still only for 1.12... which sucks

43 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

1.13 is not a good version to play modded on, as many things are still being finalized on Forge's end after a big restructuring. I recommend you stick with 1.12.2 and then go to 1.14 once that comes out.

So I went ahead to see if I could try some of the 1.13 mods, just to see how it is with aquatic and all since I found the 1.13 version finally (and I made sure they were all 1.13 compatible), but it still says "1 mod loaded" and I'm not sure why

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

And now a screenshot of your mods folder. Forge does not find any mods in there.

Capture.PNG 

That's the mod folder in the mod folder I talked about up there 

Edited by kitcat021

Mods need to be put into the "mods" folder.

They are in the mods folder, do they need to be in the second mods folder? Forge created a mod folder and then created a mod folder in the mod folder with all those other folders

Uh... what? No, Forge definitely does not do that.

Make sure you have the Game Directory option set correctly in your launcher profile. I recommend keeping your Forge installation separate from your normal Minecraft through this option anyways.

Well, I had deleted my old mod folder, because I figured Forge would make its own. When I reinstalled forge again (I didn't put it in minecraft this time) it made a new mods folder. When I clicked on it, all those folders shown there were inside of that folder, and whenever I try to take them out they just appear back inside of it and idk why

Edited by kitcat021

Please clarify what you mean by "put it in minecraft".
Forge will create a mods folder inside whatever you choose as the "Game Directory" in the launcher profile.

The very first time I installed forge I thought it had to be in ".minecraft". I realized I didn't need it in there so this time I didn't put it in ".minecraft" so I was hoping it wouldn't make double folders but it did 

10 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Again. Please clarify what you mean by "put it in minecraft". Put ... what? Which setting did you change? To what? Please be exact.

I had the Forge file in ".minecraft" (not just "minecraft", in .minecraft as in the file folder .minecraft). I downloaded forge and dragged it into .minecraft the first time. I didn't change any settings, I downloaded forge and put it inside of .minecraft, the folder where everything for Minecraft is. It was in that folder the first time but I took it out and deleted it and redownloaded it without putting it in ".minecraft" because I assumed that was what created the double folders, but it still did it this time. Picture attached is the ".minecraft" folder that Forge 1.13.2 was in but isn't anymore

Capture.PNG

Forge is not installed by putting it into the .minecraft folder. When you download Forge you will get a runnable installer, you can put it anywhere on your system (putting it in .minecraft does not make much sense). The installer will the install Forge.

After you have installed it, it will be available as a new version to select in your Minecraft launcher. You can then create a new launcher profile and select the installed Forge version. With this new profile I recommend you change the game directory path, this can be any folder on your PC. This is where mods, worlds, logs, etc. for that profile will go. This will allow you to keep your Forge installation separate from vanilla Minecraft (keeping worlds separate) and will even allow you to have multiple modded instances (e.g. using different versions or different sets of mods).

Yeah, I thought it had to be in the .minecraft folder, but when I realized it didn't have to be, I removed it and reinstalled Forge again. I got rid of the old mods folder by deleting it, and I was hoping that when I reinstalled Forge again it wouldn't create two mod folders, but for some reason it made all those folders in another mod folder and I don't know why because I deleted the original mod folder. I have a separate launcher profile for everything I need (for 1.13.2, 1.14.2, forge 1.12.2, forge 1.13.2, and optifine 1.14.2). I just don't know why there's two mods folders when I didn't create any

5 hours ago, kitcat021 said:

@diesieben07 Okay so, I put all the mods in the second mod folder, and when I opened minecraft Forge 1.13.2, the mods were all there! The only problem is that every single one of my single player worlds seems to have disappeared. Is that normal?

Did you do all of this?

(for some reason on my end the quote isn't showing up correctly, hopefully it works)

Forge is not installed by putting it into the .minecraft folder. When you download Forge you will get a runnable installer, you can put it anywhere on your system (putting it in .minecraft does not make much sense). The installer will the install Forge.

After you have installed it, it will be available as a new version to select in your Minecraft launcher. You can then create a new launcher profile and select the installed Forge version. With this new profile I recommend you change the game directory path, this can be any folder on your PC. This is where mods, worlds, logs, etc. for that profile will go. This will allow you to keep your Forge installation separate from vanilla Minecraft (keeping worlds separate) and will even allow you to have multiple modded instances (e.g. using different versions or different sets of mods).

If you did follow it exactly like that paragraph, you would have created a new profile with a different directory. That means it would have separate mods, worlds, logs, etc. then whatever other directories you might have. If you want to access worlds in other directories, you'd need to copy the world save file from your old directory (where its currently located) to the saves folder in the new one you just created with the fresh Forge install.

Edited by TheKingElessar

• Guest locked this topic