• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• You won't get any support since 1.12.x is not supported any more on this forum you need to use a higher version of minecraft 1.14.x - 1.16.1 Note: If anyone would help you they would need your debug.log log and not this one
    • Hello! I am still very new to creating servers but today I was trying to make one so that me and my brother could play with mods. I created a forge server and allowed it to install, I also made a run.bat file though had to delete it afterwards as it stopped working, not sure why. Now the server itself does work, but whenever I try to place a modded block it just seems to vanish here are my latest logs:  [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.12.2 [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties [19:21:45] [Server console handler/ERROR]: Exception handling console input java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid     at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:?]     at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]     at nz$2.run(SourceFile:100) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?] [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.0.150:25565 [19:21:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Using default channel type [19:21:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world" [19:21:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Loaded 488 advancements [19:21:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0 [19:21:47] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 48% [19:21:48] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (1.771s)! For help, type "help" or "?" [19:22:01] [User Authenticator #1/INFO]: UUID of player Nyxistaken is 0609cbac-80f9-45a0-8fe0-0c261d3ef31b [19:22:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Nyxistaken[/192.168.0.150:55368] logged in with entity id 190 at (37.5, 63.0, 252.5) [19:22:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Nyxistaken joined the game [19:22:33] [Server thread/INFO]: Set Nyxistaken's game mode to Survival Mode [19:22:47] [Server thread/INFO]: Set Nyxistaken's game mode to Creative Mode I have about 13 mods that I am using including an NPC mod and the Aether mod. My brother has these installed as well, I have them installed on my main game and in the server folder so I'm not sure why it isn't working
    • I am rendering an entity in 1.16.2, but the texture is getting FileNotFoundExceptions. I added loot tables and lang files but they didn't work either, so I think my resource folder is just not getting recognized. I made sure everything in my java code is correct, such as modid, but I'm not too sure about build.gradle and the other non-java files. Here is my build.gradle:  buildscript { repositories { maven { url = 'https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven' } jcenter() mavenCentral() } dependencies { classpath group: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle', name: 'ForgeGradle', version: '3.+', changing: true } } apply plugin: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle' apply plugin: 'eclipse' apply plugin: 'maven-publish' version = '1.16.2-0.9.0.0' group = 'com.david.minecraft.testmod' archivesBaseName = 'testmod' sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = compileJava.sourceCompatibility = compileJava.targetCompatibility = '1.8' println('Java: ' + System.getProperty('java.version') + ' JVM: ' + System.getProperty('java.vm.version') + '(' + System.getProperty('java.vendor') + ') Arch: ' + System.getProperty('os.arch')) minecraft { mappings channel: 'snapshot', version: '20200514-1.16' runs { client { workingDirectory project.file('run') property 'forge.logging.markers', 'SCAN,REGISTRIES,REGISTRYDUMP' property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } server { workingDirectory project.file('run') property 'forge.logging.markers', 'SCAN,REGISTRIES,REGISTRYDUMP' property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } data { workingDirectory project.file('run') property 'forge.logging.markers', 'SCAN,REGISTRIES,REGISTRYDUMP' property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' args '--mod', 'testmod', '--all', '--output', file('src/generated/resources/') mods { testmod { source sourceSets.main } } } } } dependencies { minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.2-33.0.3' } jar { manifest { attributes([ "Specification-Title" : "testmod", "Specification-Vendor" : "david", "Specification-Version" : "1", "Implementation-Title" : project.name, "Implementation-Version" : "${version}", "Implementation-Vendor" : "david", "Implementation-Timestamp": new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ") ]) } } jar.finalizedBy('reobfJar') publishing { publications { mavenJava(MavenPublication) { artifact jar } } repositories { maven { url "file:///${project.projectDir}/mcmodsrepo" } } } What have I done wrong?
    • I was able to use data parameters to sync client and server data
    • So...i tried to code that myself and i made it work, but my solution may not be the best or the most elegant one. Turns out that onEntityCollision happens only if the shape of the block is set to be smaller than the full block. So i set two different voxel shapes, a null voxel shape and one that is slightly smaller than the cube, with dimensions: Block.makeCuboidShape(0.1F, 0.1F, 0.1F, 15.9F, 15.9F, 15.9F) which doesn't basically change anything visually but lets the collision event happen (For some reason i am still unable to understand). Inside the event i just check for the condition and select the appropriate voxel shape, which then needs to be returned by getShape (not getCollisionShape). It works but as i said before this seems to be a slightly "hacky" solution and also present some issues: 1) you will be able to walk on the border of your block when in its solid form 2) any other entity will be able to walk through your block while you are inside the block with your condition being verified 3) being the voxel shapes static and shared between all blocks of the same type, when you make one of them not solid, if other are present they will all become not solid
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)