Updating old 1.7 mod to 1.13.2

NigNog420

Hi,

this seems like a very tall order and I get that it's probably not supported any more because of 1.7's age, but I've been looking to update my old mod that I last touched years ago and with almost 2000 errors in the code, it feels like it might just be better to start over from scratch.

Nonetheless, I want to at least try and see if I can't get it to work and was looking for any resources/documentations that might assist me in updating the old codebase I have. I was also thinking of trying to update it step by step across multiple older versions until I arrive at 1.13.2, but I've been having too much trouble getting those old Forge builds with deprecated Gradle versions set up as they don't support Java 11 so I just skipped that for now.

In particular, I was looking for what happened to things like @EventHandler, the FMLIntializationEvent where you used to handle all the block, item and recipe registration and stuff, world and structure generation, entities and entity rendering and what changed with the ClientProxy and CommonProxy as well as the @SidedProxy annotation in the main mod class.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use a tool named BON2 to replace field, function and parameters that do an important job in the updating course of your mod

43 minutes ago, NigNog420 said:

Hi,

this seems like a very tall order and I get that it's probably not supported any more because of 1.7's age, but I've been looking to update my old mod that I last touched years ago and with almost 2000 errors in the code, it feels like it might just be better to start over from scratch.

Nonetheless, I want to at least try and see if I can't get it to work and was looking for any resources/documentations that might assist me in updating the old codebase I have. I was also thinking of trying to update it step by step across multiple older versions until I arrive at 1.13.2, but I've been having too much trouble getting those old Forge builds with deprecated Gradle versions set up as they don't support Java 11 so I just skipped that for now.

In particular, I was looking for what happened to things like @EventHandler, the FMLIntializationEvent where you used to handle all the block, item and recipe registration and stuff, world and structure generation, entities and entity rendering and what changed with the ClientProxy and CommonProxy as well as the @SidedProxy annotation in the main mod class.

Any help would be appreciated.

Most things (like the FML lifecycle events, registering blocks, etc) are so wildly different, along with other changes such as the flattening of metadata and so on that it will be easier to start from scratch.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

^

Also use 1.14.2 not 1.13.2

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)