Not Working with Lan Connections

saxon564

since the 1.5 update i have been having problems with connecting via LAN after testing some possible reasons behind this, i have come to the conclusion that forge mod loader is not compatible with LAN connections right now even if both clients have the same mods. the only error that comes up is an unable to connect to server error, it does not crash the game though. i have come to this conclusion by the fact that i removed forge from my minecraft and i was able to do lan connections.

Yes, i gave them an exact copy of my minecraft jar, which always has forge, and the lan didnt work. We downloaded vanilla and tested it and it worked. Since we also use optifine we added that and it still worked. Meaning that forge was causing the problem.

Thats an interesting exception, seems to be something to do with the runtime deobfusication.

However, there have been a few fixes to that seince the version you're using. You're on build 608, we are on build 652. So you're quite out of date.

Try updating and see if that helps, I will however look into this more.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

That log tells me you simply can't connect to the lan server, typically firewalls/whatever else is stopping you.

Its not giving the method not found error, which means that the one you were having before was fixed.

As I said, I have tested lan connections, and they work just fine with forge.

Do you have a log of the other computer?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon