Block texture doesn't work

J0WAY

2 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

So i started today on block textures, when i did place it tho it turned out like this which if there's anyway to fix it let me know because it helps alot.

What version are you using? Is it limited to only your block placed or is the item like that too? What do your blockstate and model jsons look like? Is your console spitting out an error(s)?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

console is fine blockstate and model json is fine, And the version is 1.12.2, Which i do have to admit i did use a texture block from 1.8 and i made it into my own custom block on paint.net which is effecting it i'm guessing, And the reason why i did that was because i have done it with texture packs before and it never messed up but ill make it in a 1.12.2 texture pack block and see if it works. [EDIT] I did download a 1.12.2 default texture pack and made the block it still shows as that block.

Edited by J0WAY

23 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

blockstate and model json is fine

Well obviously it isn't. They can't be fine and produce these errors... Why haven't you posted your model, blockstate, and console? It's impossible to debug your problem without them....

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

3 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

ss

This is a terrible modid. You have 64 characters use them. The reason it is terrible is what if another mod maker uses the same modid because they abbreviated some other words. Your mods are now incompatible.

4 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

ss:blockstates/obsidian_shard_block.json

Does this file exist at assets/modid/blockstates/obsidian_shard_block.json in your IDE? Did you refresh your IDE's package explorer?

9 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Does this file exist at assets/modid/blockstates/obsidian_shard_block.json in your IDE? Did you refresh your IDE's package explorer?

For the uninitiated here, modid in that string is not the characters M-O-D-I-E but whatever string you're using as your Mod ID (currently, ss).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Yes it does exist at assets and i did refresh, Also the reason why my modid is so short is because the mod is called supersurvival so i named it for short SS which i can rename it if you think that's a better option i was just making this mod to test because i have never made one before.

Just now, J0WAY said:

Also the reason why my modid is so short is because the mod is called supersurvival

"supersurvival" is less than 64 characters in length, just use "supersurvival"

And testing is fine, just that there are a lot of tutorials out there that are like "so this is a Tutorial Mod, we need to give it an ID so lets call it 'tm' short for 'Tutorial Mod'" without explaining that you shouldn't use two character abbreviations for real mods.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Yeah i have been watching tutorials on how to do it and they said for short call it SS which i'm just following what they do, And if i did ever make a mod i wouldn't call it for short something like ss i'm just using that as a test right now, Also is it normal when you make a untitled text file and it turns into a notepad when you are done? But i'm getting off topic so if there are any ways to fix this i would love to know so i don't have none textured blocks lol.

2 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

But i'm getting off topic so if there are any ways to fix this i would love to know so i don't have none textured blocks lol.

Show a screenshot of your package explorer.

7 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

there

Obsidian_shard_block.json does not equal obsidian_shard_block.json

37 minutes ago, J0WAY said:

Okay so i change my code for the obsidian to Obsidian_shard_block.json? just making sure

Other way around. Use lower case everywhere for assets and resource locations.