Jump to content

[1.14.4] Trying to implement modded block loot tables, but now no items are dropping?


Izzymandias

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

 

I'm currently implementing loot tables to some of my modded items, when I noticed that, even in survival, no items are dropping, not even vanilla ones. For example, I tried on several different worlds to break grass or trees, but no items were dropped; I started test worlds in both creative and survival and nothing changed. This appears to only be happening in my mod dev client (I checked through a Minecraft launcher running forge and no other mods and blocks dropped normally) so I'm presuming its an issue related to my Mod.

 

Any advice would be appreciated - I don't know what code would be revelant to add here so if you need to see some please just ask, thank you!

 

Edit; I did some continued testing, and this issue appears to have occurred even before I tried to implement custom loot tables. I've still got no idea what's causing it though...

 

Edit 2; It also affects recipes - I was unable to make any recipes, vanilla or otherwise. I did some searching on Google and tried to use /datapack disable (my mod name) but the command didn't appear to work - whenever I tried to re-enable it, it claimed that the Mod was already enabled, suggesting it was never properly disabled when the disable command was first used. Again, still no idea what's causing this.

Edited by Izzymandias
More testing performed, refined problem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of your data files is bad and it caused everything to be discarded. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

 

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

 

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is one of YOUR data files that is causing problems. It should be mentioned in the log. But if you can't find it,  remove all of your assets inside /data and put them back in binary chunks (add half of the most recently removed if the problem isn't exhibited, remove half of what was most recently added if it does) and narrow it down. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

 

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

 

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right, it is definitely something to do with the data I inputted, as removing the src/main/resources/data folder entire has allowed the game to function correctly again.

 

Here's the code for my custom loot table JSON;

{
  "type": "minecraft:block",
  "pools": [
    {
      "name": "aotmm:pool_blue_mushroom",
      "rolls": 1,
      "entries": [
        {
          "type": "minecraft:item",
          "name": "aotmm:blue_mushroom"
        }
      ],
      "conditions": [
        {
          "condition": "minecraft:survives_explosion"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

 

And my custom recipe JSON;

{
  "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
  "pattern": [
    "###",
    "#x#",
    "###"
  ],
  "key": {
  	"x": {
  	  "tag": "minecraft:leather"
  	}
    "#": {
      "tag": "aotmm:blue_mushroom"
    }
  },
  "result": {
    "item": "aotmm:spore_leather"
  }
}

 

My source files also had this path, if this could have caused a problem;

/src/main/resources/data/AttackOfTheMushroomsMod/recipes/
&
/src/main/resources/data/AttackOfTheMushroomsMod/loot_tables/blocks/

 

It's possible the error comes from using my full mod name (AttackOfTheMushroomsMod) rather than my ModID (aotmm) as a subfolder within /data/? Otherwise, I'm not too sure what needs to be fixed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.