[1.12.2] How Do I Register Items and Item Recipes?

Guru

My question is how to register items and recipes going from the 1.11.2 to 1.12.2 version.

All of my code is correct on the workspace, although the ones that are for items do not work right when it comes to registering the item.

I know 1.12.2 added .json for recipes and removed worldObj as well as square root doubles. I do not know how these .json's are being implemented as they don't go together with the crafting recipes being in a list style inside of one file in a neat organized way.

Although if I am able to update my code from 1.11.2 to 1.12.2 reasonably by some example or some help that would be nice.

In the first photo is the Item class where the items are being registered:

aBDjWvm.png

In the second photo is the main class where GuruItems.register does not list as an error on the preinit, although GameRegistry.addRecipe apparently doesn't work at all for that matter:

2YPHg8g.png

I have the src of the mod here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1imyrvtx7kpyk3/thebasicelementssrc1.12.2.zip?dl=0

If there is an example as to how to solve this such as an example adding a block or a throwable entity of some kind registering 2 blocks and 2 items that I could see that worked by putting the src in and typing gradlew build then I would completely know what I was doing. Although I'm not sure where a guide to this is and the workspace doesn't provide any suggestions as to what to replace or where or what needs to be added that way.

Edited by Guru