[Solved]How do I load textures?

Gurman8r

Hello ,all. So I just started making a new mod after scrapping my old one that i had for 1.4.6 and I noticed that the texture loading is different.

I've figured out how to load textures for blocks and items using the unlocalized name etc., but how do I load a texture for an item that I render as a 3D model? Meaning when I have the item in my hand it loads as the 3D model but uses some random texture, as seen here -->http://i.imgur.com/3EWhtPc.png. How do I select the texture || just choose a path?

Also, in wuppy29's tutorials he puts the textures directly into minecraft.jar (which is what I've been doing) How would I reference the images when I export my mod? Again, I'm clueless on how to use a simple file path.

Will supply my code if needed.

Thanks in advance!

How can people post these threads and not notice the half-dozen of them that have already been posted?

Anway...

Capture.png

When making the zip, you'll have two top-level folders inside your zip, the package that includes all of your compiled code (which will be in the reobf/ folder after compiling) and /mods (which will still be in the src/ directory).

If you're running 1.5.2, mods/ isn't required (just shift everything else up).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

When making the zip, you'll have two top-level folders inside your zip, the package that includes all of your compiled code (which will be in the reobf/ folder after compiling) and /mods (which will still be in the src/ directory).

Actually, you do need /mods folder both in .zip and /src on 1.5.2. I've just updated my mc, forge, mcp, mod to 1.5.2 and tried different ways, and the only one to work was having .zip/mods/%modname%/textures/[items/blocks]/%texturename%.

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

Actually, you do need /mods folder both in .zip and /src on 1.5.2. I've just updated my mc, forge, mcp, mod to 1.5.2 and tried different ways, and the only one to work was having .zip/mods/%modname%/textures/[items/blocks]/%texturename%.

Thanks for verifying.  I hadn't got around to checking myself, but I was basing my info off someone in 1.5.2 getting a "texture at /%mod%/textures/block/%block.png% not found" (note the lack of the mod folder).

So I've been cautious and saying "this works, if you're on 1.5.2, you might need to remove the /mods folder" as a thing to try.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Ok now I know how to load the textures for exported mods (thanks), but how would I load the texture for the model?

Here's the render file.

package mod.LooseEnds.render;

import mod.LooseEnds.model.ModelTorchGun;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.Render;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraftforge.client.IItemRenderer;
import net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks;

import org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11;

public class RenderTorchGun extends Render implements IItemRenderer
{
protected ModelTorchGun launcherModel;

public RenderTorchGun()
{
	launcherModel = new ModelTorchGun();
}

@Override
public boolean handleRenderType(ItemStack item, ItemRenderType type)
{
	switch(type)
	{
	case EQUIPPED: return true;
	default: return false;
	}
}

@Override
public boolean shouldUseRenderHelper(ItemRenderType type, ItemStack item,
		ItemRendererHelper helper) 
{

return false;
}

@Override
public void renderItem(ItemRenderType type, ItemStack item, Object... data) 
{
	switch(type)
	{
	case EQUIPPED:
	{
		GL11.glPushMatrix();

GL11.glRotatef(193F, 1.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F);
		GL11.glRotatef(166F, 0.0F, 1.0F, 0.0F);
		GL11.glRotatef(30F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
		GL11.glRotatef(16F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F);

GL11.glTranslatef(-.65F, -0.00F, -0.1F);

float scale = 0.6F;

GL11.glScalef(scale, scale, scale);

GL11.glTranslatef(0, 0, 0);

launcherModel.render((Entity)data[1], 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0635F);

GL11.glPopMatrix();
	}
	default:
		break;
	}

}

@Override
public void doRender(Entity entity, double d0, double d1, double d2,
		float f, float f1) {
	// TODO Auto-generated method stub

}

}

How can people post these threads and not notice the half-dozen of them that have already been posted?

Anway...

Capture.png

And sorry mister sassy, i searched the forums and couldn't find any. Thanks though, your way worked.

And sorry mister sassy, i searched the forums and couldn't find any. Thanks though, your way worked.

I've posted that same image like eight times in the last week.

Let's see, searching this forum for "textures..."

Results 2, 4, 12, 14, 17 (this thread), 25, 26, and 30.

Yeah, it's totally not anywhere.