'Missing Model for variant' on a block that has no variants.

Arkevorkhat

(Code repository to be referenced: https://github.com/codycoolwaffle/Steamworks )
I've created a simple block (following the docs, file src/main/java/waffletopia/steamworks/common/block/ore.java)
whenever I launch the development client, I get a pair of warnings:

[00:59:48] [Server-Worker-4/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Exception loading blockstate definition: 'steamworks:blockstates/ore_zinc.json' missing model for variant: 'steamworks:ore_zinc#'
[00:59:48] [Server-Worker-4/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Exception loading blockstate definition: 'steamworks:blockstates/ore_zinc.json' in resourcepack: 'Mod Resources': Neither 'variants' nor 'multipart' found

This would be fine, but my code doesn't define *any* variants, especially not one named #.
I get a java.io.FileNotFound exception instead if I don't include a blockstates/ore_zinc.json file, and even then, no texture appears on the block.

In case it's of any relevance, the BlockItem for the zinc ore block *does* successfully find and use the texture that I supplied for it.

Any thoughts?

OK, let's say you were in a position where you *weren't* more inclined to chastise me for code style than actually do anything to help:
where, pray tell, would I be expected to be able to find a copy of the vanilla minecraft code for defining blocks, when the entire reason that forge exists is that minecraft code is obfuscated to the point of being impossible to work with?

You should post your entire debug.log, and not cherry pick it as there can be things in there that could be related that you are omitting without realizing it.

Also your textures/blocks folder should be named block instead of blocks (I believe this was one of the 1.13 rewrite changes). That could be why you were getting a missing texture at on point like you mentioned.

*edit: and in your blockstate, you need to specify at least 1 state for the block, if there's no variants use empty "", and it must specify a model for that state, and you have empty curly braces.

The vanilla blockstates, if you wish to reference them, are in the client-extras jar in your IDEs referenced libraries.

Edited by Ugdhar