Disable console warning

Reika

My mod does not use separate textures for items, and instead uses the original spritesheets. This works perfectly except for only two minor issues. The relevant one here is the warning Forge spams into the console when booting:

2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/RotaryCraft/textures/items/items.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/screwdriver.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/rotarycrafthandbook.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/machineplacer.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/motiontracker.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/#bucket.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/handheldcraftingtool.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/engines.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/ultrasound.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/bedrockshovel.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/advgearitem.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/worldedittool.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/bedrockaxe.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/modextracts.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/nightvisionhelmet.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/angulartransducer.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/yeast.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/#windspring.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/knockbackgun.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/tntcannontargetingaid.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/bedrockpickaxe.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/shafts.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/flywheelitem.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/magicwand.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/nightvisiongoggles.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/gbxs.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/canolaseeds.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/gravelgun.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/i/ogoggles.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/#railgunammunition.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/ethanolcrystals.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/fireballlauncher.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/#projectorslides.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
2013-06-08 16:34:56 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/items/vacuum.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

Is there any way to stop this?

And no, I am not going to split up 200+ item textures.

Why exactly are you still using spritesheets instead of allowing the stitcher to do it's job properly?

Dev time is fine but all released code should be unstitched. Easily automated.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Why exactly are you still using spritesheets instead of allowing the stitcher to do it's job properly?

Dev time is fine but all released code should be unstitched. Easily automated.

I use a system I consider elegant - item IDs corresponding to spritesheet rows and metadata to columns. To switch to individual textures destroys that.

Additionally, from what I can tell, item icons must have names identical to ingame (or perhaps unlocalized) names and be in a folder outside the mod folder (eg if code is in Reika.RotaryCraft, sprites must be mods/textures/items).

These, combined with the fact I would have 200+ loose images, mean such a system would be extremely disorganized and messy.

I value clean setups and organization far more than I value the potential "easier for texture makers" aspect - a claim whose veracity I have never fully trusted. (Not to mention how I doubt I will be seeing many texturepacks for RotaryCraft, and the one texturer I talked to preferred the old system).

So, every sprite sheet you use ALWAYS has ALL 256 icons in use?

If it doesn't it's a massive waist of memory for the end user. That alone is enough reason to not use a sprite sheet system anymore.

As for the on disc name having anything to do with the item unlocalized name. Override updateIcons and that doesn't have to be the case. Its just the default because it's simple.

As for the unorganized aspect. You can still develop in the spritesheet format, a small script to explode the sheet into logical names would work just fine. As for orginization if as you say you split rows to ids and columns to metdata, you could easily explode it to be:

/mods/{yourname}/textures/{item/block}/ID/Metdata.png

Seems orginized to me and you follow the standards set forth by minecraft on how resources should be structured so that texture pack creators can deal with it easier.

There is no reason for you to make them dig around inside your package to try and find your textures.

But basically, to address your main point, no, we're not gunna help you hide that 'spam' as its not spam and critical warnings that you're loading your textures wrong.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

So, every sprite sheet you use ALWAYS has ALL 256 icons in use?

If it doesn't it's a massive waist of memory for the end user. That alone is enough reason to not use a sprite sheet system anymore.

Given that these images are not even 32KB, that is not really an issue, especially considering I have larger textures just for the TileEntities (and of course machines running elaborate code every tick). Even if they were reloaded into the RAM every render tick (which seems like a really stupid idea), that would be 115MB/minute (at 60FPS), except for the Java garbage clearer running every ten seconds or so, negating that issue, capping the max memory wastage to <20MB, easily manageable on any modern computer.

As for the on disc name having anything to do with the item unlocalized name. Override updateIcons and that doesn't have to be the case. Its just the default because it's simple.

Would that let me override the path as well? (I tried looking for updateIcons for myself, but it does not exist in Item, ItemStack, Block, Render, RenderGlobal, or RenderBlocks).

As for the unorganized aspect. You can still develop in the spritesheet format, a small script to explode the sheet into logical names would work just fine. As for orginization if as you say you split rows to ids and columns to metdata, you could easily explode it to be:

/mods/{yourname}/textures/{item/block}/ID/Metdata.png

That is true, and since I would never have to see the resulting mess, I would be open to the idea. However, I have no idea how to do it.

There are plenty of image splitters. IIRC there is even a fairly popular one specifically designed for modders and minecraft. Don't remember the name but im sure a bit of searching will reveal it to you.

Im sure if you take some time to look into how the icon system works, you'll see the method I am refering to.

it exists in both Block and Item.

As for memory what you're failing to grasp is im not talking about system memory, Albeit thats a issue.

One of the main concerns is graphics memory which 20MB on a lot of users systems is actually quite a lot.

Average users have 256-512MB cards as they use the default that comes with there computer and don't ever upgrade.

Remember, Minecraft is a casual game, it's main userbase is kids.

Aside from that, if ever anyone wanted to make a texturepack for your mod they could easily exponentially enlarge that footprint.

Also remember, when dealing with the graphics it is in UNCOMPRESSED ARGB. Just because the png file is small on disc doesn't mean it is small in memory.

Anyways as I said, before, using spritesheets like this at runtime is nothing but waistful. So ya not gunna help you with it. It can be done, but if you insist on doing thigns wrong you've gotten all the help you're gunna get.