Where are the forge devs?

malikben9

Long time minecraft player here (1.12), was wondering where are all the mods for 1.16.3, if you guys are hard at work, that's ok I'm patient, but I was looking for a mod like fpsboot that is forge based and optifine friendly. I know there are things like sodium but I just love shaders too much and my PC dies a little each time I load one up.https://9apps.ooo/

Edited by malikben9

Well, you have to understand that most minecraft modders are coding mods as an hobby in their spare time. Some of them keep updating their mods with every new version of minecraft/forge, while others just decide to abandon a project. The fact that minecraft is updating continuosly and quite fast leads also to huge changes in the game code, which reflects in forge framework itself needing to be updated to adapt to those changes. So programmers needs to study the new code and learn new ways to do things in newer versions of the game, and not everyone has the time or will to put the effort to do this. I think waiting for the mods you need to be updated or searching around if similar mods already exist is your best bet

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

1) This isn't a suggestion, so don't put it in the suggestions forum.

2) The devs are right here working hard on mods and doing what they want

3) Just because your favorite mod from X version isn't updated doesn't mean there arnt a lot of cool mods. Things change, modders join/leave communities all the time. 

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon